ecopico

ckyuv

ok so Im assuming we have to make a build thread for the contest. I didnt notice untill i filled the tank with water and added sand last night that I did not take a picture with the newspaper or arc or anything but its still pretty empty so if we need verification I can. My plan with this is to make a Pygmy Seahorse tank. My girlfriend and I used to always catch dwarf sea horses in the marshes in galveston durring the summer and we were never able to keep them alive in our tank. This will be a controlled tank made special just for the horses. We decided the tank will not have horses in it for a couple months so we can make sure it is sterile as the pygmys are very vulnerable to many things. We also want to make sure the tank is cycled and all of its other inhabitants are doing well before we tackle the horses.

Right now we have an ecopico with lights filter and lid I aquired for 65$ from a member here on arc. Yesterday I filled it with water and live sand (fiji pink) that I got at aquadome as well as a piece of live rock rubble. I got a molly from the pet store for cycling so if it dies during the process I can take it back and get a new one for free. Here are the pictures of the tank as of right now

post-2461-0-67369300-1358643344_thumb.jp

post-2461-0-60582400-1358643370_thumb.jp

"How thoughtful of you" If this molly dies you will get replacement for free.devil.gif

+1. This contest is about keeping things alive for the duration of the contest. You shouldn't add something in there not caring whether it lives or dies. There are other ways to cycle a tank.

"How thoughtful of you" If this molly dies you will get replacement for free.devil.gif

+1. This contest is about keeping things alive for the duration of the contest. You shouldn't add something in there not caring whether it lives or dies. There are other ways to cycle a tank.

this contest also has a budget and a time constraint so this is how i will cycle it. I used live rock, live sand and water from my big tank so everything should be good, thx for your concern. The molly gets to be my pet untill i get everything else in the tank!

Archived