Eco Gorgs group buy

Richard L

I'm placing an order for Eco Gorgs from www.Aquascapers.com and I'm fairly close to getting the free shipping. Aquascapers is Colin Foord's company and he is the guy that wrote the article about photosynthetic gorgonians in the current issue of Coral magazine. They've got pretty cool blue zoas too. Anyone else want tag onto my order?

post-2030-0-35845900-1358534175_thumb.jppost-2030-0-49264800-1358534253_thumb.jppost-2030-0-56950700-1358534259_thumb.jp

I am very interested in the first two and the second from the last (right below your third choice on website)

The only problem is they are too large for my pico tank in their current size. I need them about half the height/width. The description says you can cut them to fit any size.

Is anyone wanting to split these in half with me? Otherwise I might still buy them and trim them down and just sell the frags after they heal.

Based on the article they cut frags and mount them on plugs just like any other stony coral. I've avoided them because they have a reputation for dying in a captive environment but I'm pretty sure that that bias is based on the readily available non-photosynthetic varieties that need to be feed. These are photosynthetic corals so supplemental feeding is not necessary and they are true aquacultured corals. I don't know about you guys but I'm done with wild and maricultured corals. They just don't cope that well.

The photosynthetic is the only reason I want to try them. I've seen the feeding regimens for normal gorgs and NPS tanks, and it's not in the cards for me. Good to hear that they can be propagated like a normal coral.

I've got some wild SPS that are doing well, but they're really temperamental and extremely aggressive I have one sps frag that uses chemical warfare so much, I can't keep anything within 4 or 5 inches of it. It took out several sps frags, a blasto, a candy cane, and started messing up a scoly before I figured out it was the coral and not some other pathogen.

Ok, just heard back from Aquascapers and here's the plan.

1. Place your order with Aquascapers online in your name and credit card by Monday for shipment out Tuesday.

2. Have it shipped to my office address: 6101 W. Courtyard Dr 3-100, Austin, 78730

3. There's a section you can add a note to your order. Add "Richard's Group Buy"

4. Select the free shipping option.

5. Please post what you ordered with the total $ so I can make sure we get the free shipping.

On Weds you can swing by my office before 5pm or my house (7401 Filbert Cv, 78750) anytime after that.

Just heard from Aquascapers that they are having to move stock up from their facility in the Keys so they won't be able to ship until Weds or Thursday. Let me know if a Thursday or Friday pickup is a problem. I can keep your order in my sump if need be. Full disclosure, anything going in my sump will be dipped first!

Archived