Brian's Oceanic Tank

brian.srock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Put water, black live sand, and a couple pieces of live rock as an island to seed my tank.
Was carrying my australian acans and model prop when the power went off and I bumped the counter and dropped everything. Split my little project in half! Think the corals are ok though.

(no animals were harmed in the making of this update)

Got a Hydor H2Show White LED. This thing is super bright and will work perfectly as a spotlight.

I have it set on a timer but I'm currently having issues with it since I have to keep resetting it every 108 minutes.

I'll get a pic uploaded in the morning of the damage the blackout did.

post-1271-0-48470200-1362974724_thumb.jpg

Still haven't figured out the issue with the timer. Any ideas anyone? I am having to reset it every 108 minutes.

Once someone helps me get this figured out then I can post the rest of the pics.

Thanks guys. Sorry it too so long to get my props done but as you can see you can't rush perfection. Big shout out to my friend Tyler.

I used Valspar Satin clear coat. Sprayed a couple coats then let it cure for 48 hours.

Moved the tank last night next to my current tank onto a rolling metal cabinet that I throw all my dosing and other stuff in. The stand that I had it on was a decorative table and the wood was a bit warped so I didn't feel my tank looked very safe on it especially with it already 1/2 off the stand with my edge look.

Was enjoying the look of the lights off on both tanks but boy is that spotlight bright! I do like having lights in both tanks though since I can enjoy them anytime now.

post-1271-0-28029200-1363190622_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-94910900-1363190650_thumb.jpg

youre going to need a sea urchin, and a few drowning victims to round it all out ;) The black smoke could be achieved by pissing off a torch.. That black/green vaporish stuff that comes out of their mouths every so often might fit the bill :D

Quick update on my tank. Everything is doing fine and no deaths that I know of so far.

One of my biggest challenges with this tank has been salinity. The tank was at 1.032 or greater when I tested it about 2 weeks ago. I have slowly been getting it down with fresh ro/di water so I am not shocking anything but I sorta expected to notice some problem in the tank that would of alerted me to a high salinity not a regular weekly test that I do on my big tank that I adopted for the pico as well.

The stand that I moved it to recently was a very good choice as I had to move my pico to the other side of my living room this weekend and rolling it to the other side was a piece of cake.

post-1271-0-83634700-1364826622_thumb.jpg

post-1271-0-52486600-1364826664_thumb.jpg post-1271-0-06467100-1364826681_thumb.jpg

Archived