Stephen's 2.2g Pico

Stephen

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking awesome stephen. ahh the plight of the pico LEDs! I went through the same troubles with mounting my par light. tried to mount it so many ways, even tried connecting the clamp to the wall way above the tank and hanging it downwards...but alas, just ended up just making a hood from an old biocube rim that comes straight out from the wall and putting it inside.

Your clamp looks much sturdier than mine though, bigsby is definitely on to something, a zip tie and staple/nail into the wall could help a lot with support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That crab is a juvinile blue crab. They have pretty camaflouge at very young stages to blend in. Varacious carnivore and will literally eat anything it can catch. It will also grow very fast.

Yeah I need to try and find a way to get it completely over the tank. I have some new optics coming in so I can play with different mounting heights.

Here is a shot of my neon green acan enjoying the rays. Light cycle is currently 9 hours on lowest setting and 1 hour ramped all the way up.

post-662-0-68686500-1404341645_thumb.jpg

did some google searching, gulf blue crab indeed. Awesome looking but get huge. Stuffed crab anyone? Cool LED light you built. I like that spectrum

• 6 months later...

So after being gone on vacation for almost 4 weeks, the two float switches i hooked up (upside down)whistle.gif worked after all, however, in the chaos of dealing with the ATO's I mixed up the wiring for my lights. Needless to say the lights stayed on the whole time nopity.gif I wish my roommate would of had more aquarium sense to realize they weren't going off and everything was dying.. Sad day, I had my 2 g pico running problem free for 2 1/2 years. Maybe did 2-3 water changes a year. She was a lot of fun. Stay tuned for a new build in up coming months!!!smile.png

post-662-0-95939300-1421266435_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-46866800-1421266444_thumb.jpg

Tribute:

post-662-0-67022300-1421266584_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-42884800-1421266596_thumb.jpg

post-662-0-51786200-1421266650_thumb.jpg

• 7 months later...

Hey Stephen! I've just read through your whole post from start to finish, and am really encouraged by what you were able to accomplish over a couple years. I just posted in Tank Builds because I'm starting up a pico myself. Any comments you have to provide would be welcomed.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Archived