KimP 3gal Micro-Reef

KimP

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just saw some pods running around in this tank smile.png Yay!

Always nice to finally see a good amount of life in a new tank. We were looking at pods and some nematodes on the glass with a cheap 10X photo loupe last week. Pretty amazing looking at them up close if you have a loupe or a magnifying glass.

I just saw some pods running around in this tank Yay!

Always nice to finally see a good amount of life in a new tank. We were looking at pods and some nematodes on the glass with a cheap 10X photo loupe last week. Pretty amazing looking at them up close if you have a loupe or a magnifying glass.

I do actually, great idea! I've been seeing something that looked like nematodes crawling on the glass but figured they must be baby bristle worms. Are there really nematodes in sw tanks? I only know of them in soil.

awesome placement of that dendro, is that a dendro from aaf a long while back? I got one when he was selling a few and it has grown to 4 or 5 times its size. it is a hog when I target feed it

Thanks! I like it there too but just recently I've wondered what it'll do when it gets bigger/wider than that little cave. I actually got the dendro it came from from aqua sd maybe 2yrs ago. That original dendro from them has grown many new ones. Mine are all food hogs too. That's why I like them. So much easier to feed than sun coral.

I took some pictures of the corals in here the other day. Everything is still looking good and growing. The birdsnest is growing but still hasn't regained its bright green color hmm.png

post-1781-0-49325700-1366909438_thumb.jp

dendro

post-1781-0-31765500-1366909460_thumb.jp

little chalice frag recovering well and next to it a stomatella doing an excellent job keeping the tank clean

post-1781-0-86950200-1366909473_thumb.jp

leptastrea

post-1781-0-03908400-1366909493_thumb.jp

blue cloves really starting to spread (hope I dont regret adding them) and blue sympodium

post-1781-0-92177500-1366909508_thumb.jp

tyree green polyped toadstool with it's polyps out and the red monti cap with all the new growth

post-1781-0-90675700-1366909527_thumb.jp

palau nepthea

i like the leptastria, i think. the one that looks like a tribble with mange. ok, by that discription it doesn't sound so good. so, a really pretty tribble with mange. third picture.

Lol..tribble with mange...yes that's a leptastrea frag, one of my fav corals. I need to get some other colors of it.

That Toadstool is just Beautiful!!

Thanks,I think so too. It's gotta be the uv or something with that bml fixture. I have several of those frags in my tanks and none have ever looked that good!

• 2 weeks later...
I have a bright green one. Wasn't sure what it was until I saw yours.

Nice! If you ever want to trade frags let me know. I have this one and I just got some orange. This is one of my favorite corals.

I took some pictures of the corals in here the other day. Everything is still looking good and growing. The birdsnest is growing but still hasn't regained its bright green color hmm.png

attachicon.gif20130417_164711.jpg

tyree green polyped toadstool with it's polyps out and the red monti cap with all the new growth

The tyree green polyped toadstool is very cool. I might need to find one of those. :) Great job on this tank!

I took some pictures of the corals in here the other day. Everything is still looking good and growing. The birdsnest is growing but still hasn't regained its bright green color

20130417_164711.jpg

The tyree green polyped toadstool is very cool. I might need to find one of those. :) Great job on this tank!

Let me know if you come down this way again and I'll give you one. I have a couple extra sitting in the frag tank :D

I had a chance to do some maintenance this morning. I reglued the leptastrea and birdsnest that fell, removed some grape caulerpa looking algae growing by the zoas, and glued the new orange leptastrea on the rock. I'm really liking how it's coming along, especially with the new leptastrea. It filled in a big blank area nicely. I'll update my budget and pics soon. I went to clean up the refugium but realized the cheato is exactly the same. I guess there's just enough nutrients to keep it alive but not growing. Maybe it needs a brighter light, since that other macro popped up in the display, I don't know.

Oh I have plenty more grape caulerpa in my lagoon tank. I like it too but not when it's choking out zoas. The leptastrea is doing fantastic! Growing slowly but steady. I hope the orange does well in there. Gotta get a pic...

Oh I have plenty more grape caulerpa in my lagoon tank. I like it too but not when it's choking out zoas.

funny, i thought something like this may be the answer. i scoured your FTS here to see if i could find some. since i didn't, i figured i would go for a little jab.

Okay here's a shot of the improvements. Some corals are closed up because this was right after I was done messing with them.

post-1781-136813714135_thumb.jpg

Archived