The Portal: my Portal themed Pico

aggieMEDIC

Well I really wish i could post a pic of my dry tank right now but unfortunately it will have to wait until the morning when i get off and can be in front of the tank.

I am using the Aqueon Evolve 4gallon. with GU10 lighting. I am still working on the sump but if i can make it work it will be made from the case of an old Xbox 360.

Because of the portal theme i will be using the colors blue and orange.

I will not be utilizing any controllers just ordinary timers. at this point livestock will consist of a black clown goby, and a blue cleaner goby. and probably a peppermint shrimp.

I will post more later but i wanted to start my build thread sooner than tomorrow morning.

post-106-0-71677700-1358233019_thumb.jpg

Not really I have a few options though. I guess I will have to build some type of canopy to house them. I have the stock light on now and man it looks puny. I'm in a hurry to put them together but I have used up my budget for the week and have to wait until payday on Friday. I haven't even gotten the sockets yet.

How about yours?

Sent from my hacked HP Touchpad running Android ICS using Tapatalk.

I have 16 sockets...so I have some spares if you need any.

I plan on a canopy but haven't built it yet...I have came to accept my woodworking skills leave a lot to be desired...

Well perhaps some bartering is in order. My woodworking skills arent too shabby. But i have other skills that are just about as good as my ability to birth a child.

post-106-135828368419_thumb.jpg

Im looking at this board trying to figure out how to light up the led's this is the board that lights up the rings in the front of the xbox. Need to figure out how to do that.

Oh awesome idea... after the contest I can use the xbox power button to activate a feed cycle once I hook it up to my apex. Or maybe one of the arduinos.

I see dead people. Then I bring them back to life.

I have 16 sockets...so I have some spares if you need any.

I plan on a canopy but haven't built it yet...I have came to accept my woodworking skills leave a lot to be desired...

Well perhaps some bartering is in order. My woodworking skills arent too shabby. But i have other skills that are just about as good as my ability to birth a child.

attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1358283677531.jpg

Im looking at this board trying to figure out how to light up the led's this is the board that lights up the rings in the front of the xbox. Need to figure out how to do that.

Oh awesome idea... after the contest I can use the xbox power button to activate a feed cycle once I hook it up to my apex. Or maybe one of the arduinos.

I can easily help there...and I do mean easily

Finally got all of my lights ordered. I had ordered the blue with the wrong socket. Just ordered the New blue's and sockets.

now have to figure out what kind of canopy to make. i like an open top tank but with such a small volume probably not a good idea.

I got a heater but its keeping the tank around 89 deg so im going to get a different one that is more adjustable. and maybe a digital thermometer to make sure the other is accurate.

ok so you guys want to see a pucture...

post-106-135889160456_thumb.jpg

Tank looks kinda ugly at the moment. I just put the last of my rock in.

I just got home from the dome where I was this |-| close to putting an orange frog fish in. I decided not to because then he would be the only fish and he needs live food, but I wanted him really bad.

I did however pick up a cool blue and orange pipefish as well as a blue striped cleaner goby. In the coral department I nabbed an orange feather duster and a small $5 frag of suncoral.

Ill post budget here in a few days.

Pic will follow as soon as everyone gets acclimated.

ok so you guys want to see a pucture... attachicon.gifuploadfromtaptalk1358891595707.jpg Tank looks kinda ugly at the moment. I just put the last of my rock in. I just got home from the dome where I was this |-| close to putting an orange frog fish in. I decided not to because then he would be the only fish and he needs live food, but I wanted him really bad. I did however pick up a cool blue and orange pipefish as well as a blue striped cleaner goby. In the coral department I nabbed an orange feather duster and a small $5 frag of suncoral. Ill post budget here in a few days. Pic will follow as soon as everyone gets acclimated. I see dead people. Then I bring them back to life.

I saw that Pipefish! Very cool little addition... make sure he is eating frozen o.o Otherwise, brine or pods are the way to go!

• 2 months later...

Archived