Josh's 4g IM thread!

scubasteve92

Looks like it is off to a great start!

Thanks! I am very happy with it so far.

I am having some issues with the sexy shrimp, I know that they will sometimes eat zoas if not will fed and they do not seem to be eating them, but they mess with them causing my zoas not to come out.

If you just added the zoas, the shrimp could be just checking them out looking for good bits to eat on the frag. But it is probably a good idea to keep an eye on them (I have never kept sexy shrimp before though ... so don't take my word as definitive advice :)).

Looks like it is off to a great start!

Thanks! I am very happy with it so far.

I am having some issues with the sexy shrimp, I know that they will sometimes eat zoas if not will fed and they do not seem to be eating them, but they mess with them causing my zoas not to come out.

If you just added the zoas, the shrimp could be just checking them out looking for good bits to eat on the frag. But it is probably a good idea to keep an eye on them (I have never kept sexy shrimp before though ... so don't take my word as definitive advice smile.png).

They have been in there for a while.. but I havent been keeping up with the target feeding like I need to, so hopefully I can keep up with that and they will be fine! We will see! ....what is the penalty (if any) if I have to sell them...

Yeah! I love it! The camera adds alot more blue than it really is. So I will probably add a small lunar strip to add more pop from them throughout the day.

I got a lot of blue on my latest pico, a 1.7g, from just two of the true lumen 3 LED lunar strips. They really bring out the fluorescent pigments.

Yeah! I love it! The camera adds alot more blue than it really is. So I will probably add a small lunar strip to add more pop from them throughout the day.

I got a lot of blue on my latest pico, a 1.7g, from just two of the true lumen 3 LED lunar strips. They really bring out the fluorescent pigments.

I am really looking forward to it, they are very cheap too!

That's the biggest advantage to doing picos! Everything is soooo much more affordable, lwj! Plus it can be really fun to do species tanks with 'em. I love what you're have done with the 'scaping of this so far though--are you going to add much more, or let what you've got grow out?

I am wanting to just do a very colorful tank, with only rics, zoas, and palyps.

I love what you're have done with the 'scaping of this so far though

Thanks!

I am adding a few more frags from my 20g and maybe a small frag of a high dollar zoa grin.png

Well... I have horrible news.. I am going to have to shut this tank down.... I am having some issues with school and my parents are upset that I even set it up.... I really was excited about this contest and the addition of my new tank but I guess it is better now than later... sorry everyone..

I will be breaking it down and selling it.

thanks,

Joshua

8{

Good luck with school dude.

Thanks. I guess I will just have to live out of my 20g til i graduate.

Sorry you're having to shut down the pico, it was sure looking great!!

Me too! I realized tonight that I have a TON of copepods in the tank! Like thousands! Sad day..

Archived