The Droplet: an arduino monitored GU10 lit pico drop-off tank

Capt. Obvious

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks awesome, nice build. How far up are you mounting your light fixture?

Cheers,

Mounting?

Yeah, I should really finish mounting things. Currently it is 3" from the water.. Will be closer to 5"-6" he bulbs are a mix of 30* and 60* lenses

Yea screw spending money on frag plugs. Just start gluing everything to the back of shells and you'll have an endless combination of coral arrangements in your tank at all times.

if only...isn't that the idea behind an urchin :D

Attended the RCA garage sale this past weekend to purchase a few items for my main tank, and took advantage of the Free table gaining a heater and 2 airpumps and an unknown mini hang on filter for the pico build

Well apparently one of the 2 tiny hermits I put in the tank was still long enough for a Kenya tree frag to attach to his shell, don't know how long that will last, but I guess it is kinda cool

upon closer inspection it looks to be blue clove polyps

2oNfrWC.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I siphoned out the sandbed as the flow from the maxijet kept it all blown to one side of the tank.

I have also had to pull the flaming prawn goby out of the sump on more than one occasion, but he is doing very well, but still a recluse.

The palys are doing great spawning new babies all the time, some even on the other side of the tank. The green palys have even begun cascading over from the top ledge.

I'll post a picture later

• 2 weeks later...

Well apparently one of the 2 tiny hermits I put in the tank was still long enough for a Kenya tree frag to attach to his shell, don't know how long that will last, but I guess it is kinda cool

upon closer inspection it looks to be blue clove polyps

2oNfrWC.jpg

lepastria?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived