Teresa

Hi Guys,

We started a really interesting conversation in another thread that has me wanting to learn more about whether (and how) fish and inverts "feel" pain. ClarkiiCircus mentioned they might be able to recommend a good book, and I'm sure others know of ones as well. I think it would be really fun to have a book of the term club (i.e. spring, summer, fall, winter). This would allow most of us to read at our own pace, but also keep our learning moving throughout the course of the year. I think it would be awesome to have a discussion thread on the book. It would also be a cool topic of conversation at our monthly meetings, an ice breaker of sorts to get to know more people and expand all of our thinking.

I saw some interest in this idea, so I thought I'd pose the following questions here:

1. Who else is in?
  2. What titles might we be interested in reading?
  3. When and how do we decide what to read? One thought I already have is to host a vote at the January meeting. The majority can determine which book we read.
  4. Could we arrange a group buy for a book, or just buy individually?
  5. What other thoughts or considerations do you have?

I'm a big nerd, so I can't lie. I'm getting kind of excited about this idea book.gif

Archived