Tank plumbing help

PeeperKeeper

I do okay keeping up with the day to day stuff on my tank, but when something needs to be taken apart, I get a little intimidated.

I've noticed lately that the flow is reduced through my system. I'm not sure if the main pump needs some maintenance or if there's something clogged on the SKWID or in the plumbing or what.

Can someone come in and see if they can figure out the problem before the tank inhabitants start getting sick? I'm willing to pay cash or if you need any eye care or new glasses or contacts, I can trade out.

Also, recommendations on tank maintenance companies who can work on an as needed basis would be great. Seems most of the ones I know have their regular customers (doctors' offices like mine except the doctors aren't into the hobby so much as they just want a pretty tank in the waiting room) that they do EVERYTHING for but since I generally take care of the water changes, cleaning the skimmer, etc. I only need them when something comes up and then it's hard to get on their schedule.

Are you considering starting some type of "house call" side business? If so, sign me up. I can't solve my bubble problem. I'm 99.9% sure there aren't bubbles in the sump. And if I put my hand (or anything) over the return pump intake, the bubbles get worse. That tells me that air is being drawn in at one/some of the connections. Since you can see a million bubbles coming right out of the return pump, I'm out of ideas. Right now all the 'inside the cabinet' plumbing is 1" clear tubing (not sure of the material) secured with metal bands that you tighten with screws. Maybe I need different material, or to secure it differently, who knows. I want to use the same materials that everyone else uses, but I afraid to start disassembling it myself.