School Talks

lewisweil

If anyone knows any teachers K-12 who are interested I am doing guest lectures on marine science for schools. I have done school visits and field trips for years. I do an grade level appropriate (including STAAR test customization) powerpoint lecture and answer questions.

My email is lweil[at]thefishgallery.com

(I am not doing sales pitches for FG while I am there, just educational outreach).

Once the Austin store opens they will be doing field trips with touch tanks and lectures on science.

That's awesome. I've been trying to get my kids elementary school to let me put in a saltwater tank. They have 2 60 gallon fw now. But the principal keeps saying no. I'll ask the school to put out an email to all the teachers. See if they are interested. They say that the elementary doesn't get into any marine sciences.

I have talked to preschool kids all the way up to college kids. Doesn't matter the age, everyone loves underwater stuff and I can aim it at any age! Plus I can use aquatics as a jumping off point for anything. Design, art, engineering, physical science. Darn near anything. (it is of course free for the schools).

Archived