Anyone using zeovit?

scubasteve92

Wondering if anyone is using zeovit and could answer a few questions.

1. If im using biopellets and gfo. should I not use the zeovit system?

2. Do I have to have a reactor with zeobak or can I just use the additives for color and growth?

3. How much, which ones, and how often?

4. Are there certain ones I have to use, or do they all do something different and I can just pick and choose?

I know #3 is very open-ended, but nothing online is very clear to me.

Also looking for any personal opinions about zeovit.

Thanks for looking and any info/links that you can provide!

Josh

Yes, I use the Zeovit method on 1 of my tanks. I'll answer your questions in brackets.

[That is correct. If you decide to run the full Zeovit system, you should not use biopellets or gfo. The system is already a carbon based system and one of the benefits is that it helps help phosphate at ultra low levels.]

2. Do I have to have a reactor with zeobak or can I just use the additives for color and growth?

[You will need a reactor if you decide to use the full system. The system requires the use of the zeolite stones which you will place in a reactor. Yes, you can use just the additives without using the full system.]

[Most of the additives should not be dosed every day. Even though the bottle says instructs you to. Most of them are just a few drops drops a week depending on your tank size of course. I would use caution with these additives. They do contain nutrients and should be used sparingly and on tanks with low nutrient levels.]

4. Are there certain ones I have to use, or do they all do something different and I can just pick and choose?

[Different additives can effect colors, growth polyp extension etc. I would read this forum post: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1478854&highlight=shadowramy This will give you an idea of what additives can effect coral colors. Although Zeovit makes all of these additives available to you, all of the other bands will offer the same. In addition to these basic additives Zeovit, does have their own special ones. (Coral Vital, Sponge Power, Biomate etc.)]

I hope this helps. Send me a pm and we can chat more.

Roland

Yes, I use the Zeovit method on 1 of my tanks. I'll answer your questions in brackets.

[That is correct. If you decide to run the full Zeovit system, you should not use biopellets or gfo. The system is already a carbon based system and one of the benefits is that it helps help phosphate at ultra low levels.]

[You will need a reactor if you decide to use the full system. The system requires the use of the zeolite stones which you will place in a reactor. Yes, you can use just the additives without using the full system.]

[Most of the additives should not be dosed every day. Even though the bottle says instructs you to. Most of them are just a few drops drops a week depending on your tank size of course. I would use caution with these additives. They do contain nutrients and should be used sparingly and on tanks with low nutrient levels.]

[Different additives can effect colors, growth polyp extension etc. I would read this forum post: http://www.reefcentr...ight=shadowramy This will give you an idea of what additives can effect coral colors. Although Zeovit makes all of these additives available to you, all of the other bands will offer the same. In addition to these basic additives Zeovit, does have their own special ones. (Coral Vital, Sponge Power, Biomate etc.)]

I hope this helps. Send me a pm and we can chat more.

Roland

Thanks Roland!

Check out the Zeovit site. There's full descriptions of each additive and their Benifits to your corals.

I use:

Zeobak - source of multiple bacterial strains - dosed 2x a week

Coral Vitalizer - it's a coral food. Helps with my encrusting and color - dosed 2-3x a week

Amino Acid Sps - helps promote healthy growth of sps, and polyp extension - dosed 2x a week

Pohls xtra - polyp extension and color - dosed 2x a week

Sponge power - clears water And helps fragged corals heal - Dosed 2x a week

ZeoSpur2 - improves Orp and lightens coral tissue - dosed 1x a month

Bbalance - improves greens and blues - dosed 1x a week