LED Floodlight wiring question

Bettascapes

I recently bought some 10W led flood lights

http://www.dhgate.co....300b243e4.html

They did not send me the remote so I want to make these like not floodlights, they are in strobe mode right now where they cycle through every color. Does anyone know how to rewire these to stop the strobe and color change?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lX-sp0fXDE

Honestly, this could turn out to be a time consuming exercise in electrical engineering. I know you already have them, but if you can't find a remote, and consequently you pop it open and start messing around, odds are high that you break it and would have been better off going a different route (done this more times than makes me feel good to admit) If you want an easy drop in LED solution, PAR38 bulbs are a great way to go for plug and play.

Those are really cool but I save more than %50 on these. I only payed $20 ea shipped for a 900 LM light, par38 just cant compare on the pricepoint and LM output. For my setup these are ideal compact and come with remotes.

Either way looks like these will end up on Craigslist for sum party/frat house.

Oh and btw if anyone is wanting to buy lights from China be warned shipping will take a month usually. I will for sure get from the US from now on. It usually takes about 2 days for the seller to respond this is a very slow process.

• 7 months later...

I'm interested in learning more about these lights. Is anyone using them on their tank?

There is a thread on Reef Central where a school teacher used these on her tank and almost burned down the school in the middle of the night.

If the OP could post a picture of the innards I am sure we can come up with a solution. It can't be that hard to wire in a manual switched control. Even finding the appropriate remote shouldn't be difficult.

Archived