75G DT

subsea

post-766-134508891655_thumb.jpg

Yes, I got the light canopy back on. Thank you for the help. I moved the Sea Apple with rock attached. He is now roaming about. I liked him up against the Orange Tree Sponge and captured the picture. I am really happy with the results of enhancing the emphasis on filter feeders.

Patrick

Bottom left is Frogspawn skeleton with growth coming back to most of the branches. When Xenia and GSP died, so did Frogspawn. All is coming back except for the Xenia.

Patrick

post-766-134508891655_thumb.jpg

Yes, I got the light canopy back on. Thank you for the help. I moved the Sea Apple with rock attached. He is now roaming about. I liked him up against the Orange Tree Sponge and captured the picture. I am really happy with the results of enhancing the emphasis on filter feeders.

Patrick

Wow. Great pic. That sea apple is something else. Looks like you're getting pretty good with that iPad!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That sea apple is amazing. I'm gonna bring you some gsp but do you want xenia too? I have the pulsing kind and you welcome to it. It's a light pink maybe off white.

I have recently got some Xenia from Grog. It looks like a variety I had from the Red Sea, silver/white. When I put it under the actinics, the white lite up. I would like to try the GSP that you have in both of my lagoon tanks: 75G on exterior poarch and 135G lagoon next to my DT.

Patrick

very cool patrick, ive always loved sea apples. gotta go check out your new stuff one of these days

I really like the way Sea Apple feeds. He has numerous stalks extending from the main body. Each of these stalks has nurnerous branches with many smaller branches full of ultra fine feathers which capture zooplankton from the water. When I stir up the top inch of my dsb it cloulds the water with much detrius and bacteria. This is an organic buffet. As his feathers load up with this flock, he methodically puts the stalks into the mouth. As fast as it was inserted, it is removed as the next feeding stalk is coming into the mouth. I really enjoy this view into the world of filter feeders.

Patrick

Archived