Let's all welcome new Premium Sponsor Lone Star Aquaculture

I'd like to introduce our newest sponsor, James (aka Bayou) with Lone Star Aquaculture! (

http://www.lonestaraquaculture.com/). You can participate in his discussion forum and ask questions here (http://www.austinree...ar-aquaculture/). Given his unique background this forum is a great place to ask questions and discuss how to successfully grow and propagate your own corals. Additionally, for those of you with a mind toward making your hobby a carer, there are some great options available with Lone Star. They offer internships, accept coral donations to increase their pool of propagated corals, and have job opportunities for people who want to grow corals.

I'm thinking that for those of us who plan to attend MACNA this fall, a trip to Lone Star Aquaculture might make it onto our agenda!

Lone Star is a bit unique among our sponsors as they are a wholesaler and do not sell directly to the public. If you look over their list of customers, however, you'll find that many of your favorite sources actually get their captive raised corals from Lone Star. Here are a few words from James telling you who they are, what they do, and why they chose to sponsor the club.

Lone Star Aquaculture is an aquaculture facility in Denton County Texas devoted to 100% sustainable aquaculture of marine corals. The Farm began operation in February of 2008. We believe the future of the hobby will be centered around tank raised and captive raised corals and less imported corals from the oceans. The farm is essentially an ongoing experiment trying to develop a profitable approach to farm raising corals at a wholesale level that can be shared with others who are interested in investing in the aquaculture industry and taking us all one step closer to a future of corals sourced from farms and tanks instead of oceans. Special interest groups try to turn the supply faucet off every year and every year they get closer. When they succeed in finally reducing importation, we hobbyist will need a source for corals to put in our tanks. Lone Star Aquaculture and a handful of other farms are doing the initial groundwork needed to allow the coral aquaculture industry to develop and grow so that it can met future demand.

Please support Aquaculture. Ask for tank raised/farm raised fish and corals when possible.

My name is James Fee, I founded and own Lone Star Aquaculture. The farm is still in Denton County, TX but I have recently moved down to Austin for my day job and I'm happy to be a member of the local club and support the club thru a sponsorship from the Farm.

Regards,

James Fee

Let's all thank James for both his support of the club and his efforts to make the hobby that we all love sustainable well into the future!

• 2 weeks later...

Just found this.... Thanks for all the kind words, they really mean a lot! The farm is a lot of hard work and because we deal with stores and not hobbyists, the "Thank You's" are few are far between.

I am a reef geek! If anyone would like to grab lunch sometime and talk corals I'd be happy to go(and you do not have to buy!) My office is at Mopac and 183. Send me an email jamesfee8@ gmail if you want to go. Just keep it close and keep it good.

• 6 years later...