yellow tang sick?

lsumatlock

My yellow tang is hanging out at bottom of tank and not eating, even let me catch it with no effort.

My water levels are all good. Temp of water got to 78.1 today.

No signs of Ich or any of those red lines.

Im at a loss what to do, any help would be appreciated.

~6 months, no bullying that i have seen. He started being sluggish last night and when i got home from work today he is at bottom :(

Last water change was ~month ago

Saturday I put in a new charcoal bag, like i do once a month

other fish all fine but none are the sensitive type like the tang.

My Yellow got sluggish once when I hadn't been feeding the tank as much working on my phosphates. I started feeding more of my A+ Spectrum pellets, and vitamin enriched mysis, and he bounced back quick. But he was still eating well when I did that. Any fish that I had that was so sluggish that I could catch it, didn't make it through the night.

I don't know about them being all that sensitive. I cooked my red sea max...was in the mid 90's at a minimum...heat was messed up. My yellow wrasse died, my RBTA (fave piece) died and all my corals aside from zoas. My two starfish were limp and listless, but for the heck of it I put them in cooler water. My yellow tang was just out int he open, barely moving and looking like hell. I slowly, but quickly adjusted him to cooler water in this plastic tub with a little filter and some chaeto to hide behind and he made. I couldn't believe it! My starfish came around also. The snails and crabs made it too.