Cheap tricks

FarmerTy

^^ What do you mean? How do you use it in that manner?

The same as putting netting or anything else, use it the way you have it unraveled. Put the coral on top of the plug or rubble piece with a rubber band, then put that inside netting and close it off. If the coral manages to escape the rubber band, you'll be able to easily find it and try again.

Ahhhh I get it now, you're talking about getting them to attach to something without using superglue.... and the problem is that they'll frequently "let go" and decide to go somewhere else. If they're in a "net" then they can't do it. Sometimes I'm a little slow to connect the dots. :)

• 7 years later...

I was poking around and discovered I'd never posted using steel straws here.   This is a video I did a long time ago and have posted it in a lot of places.  For an amusing anecdote, I was talking with John Yule a few yeas ago.  Turns out he started using small tubes to do the same thing about the same time I did a "few" years ago.  Using a smaller diameter nozzle with a larger diameter siphon tube slows down the flow rate but at the same time increases the suction.    

https://youtu.be/QkABhAFhGKQ