37 Gallon Modded Marineland Eclipse 3

rgoodwill

I started this tank a couple of months ago and wanted to make a thread to keep track with its progression.

PhotoOct23122435PM.jpg

As you can see this is the full view of the tank. The picture does not do it justice though.

PhotoOct23122531PM.jpg

A little bit better pic as you can see. I am getting rid of that filter that you can see when I finish my sump on Monday night. After that there will basically be no pipes that can be seen in the tank; which will be great! I will update the pics then.

PhotoOct23122509PM.jpg

This is a picture of my sump it is not full of water because it is not running yet. You can see the small light I bought at Target with a 6500k bulb in for the refurigium, and boy is that thing bright. I also have a heater in there that worked perfectly during my test runs. I will post pics of my pvc pipe work for anyone who wants to see how I set my overflow and sump up.

Feel free to add comments, advice, or issues that you see. Thanks

Wanted to add in a sump PVC update

Here is the overflow. I plan on taking the green filter off it once I find a better replacement.

PhotoOct2035016PM.jpg

As you can see the top is very small and cannot be seen when it is in the tank; obviously this is ideal. Also, the system works great with around 4-5 fail safes that will keep from flooding 99.99999 percent of the time.

PhotoOct20114935AM.jpg

If you pull the hood up this is what you would see of the overflow, but with the hood closed you cannot see it.

PhotoOct20114958AM.jpg

This is a good view of what you would see from behind the tank, but the back of the tank has been painted black as you can see from the first pictures of this thread; therefore, you can no longer see the pvc when you look from the front of the tank.

If you have any questions or comments feel free to ask/tell.

This is my ten gallon sump that has some cheato in it that was given to me by Robb in Austin! I am going to put some mangroves in their soon.

PhotoOct2885652PM.jpg

This is the canopy I am building to hold my new LED build once it is finished. So far the hood has been very flush looking.

PhotoOct2885637PM.jpg

PhotoOct2945114PM.jpg

PhotoOct2945126PM.jpgPhotoOct2950110PM.jpgPhotoOct2975204PM.jpgPhotoOct2994357PM.jpgPhotoOct2994402PM.jpgPhotoOct29115427PM.jpgPhotoOct29115450PM.jpgPhotoOct3015847PM-1.jpgPhotoOct3082328PM.jpg

Okay, so this is my new canopy that will house my LED build when it is finished. There is a little twist with this hood as you can see the front panel has a hole in it. I have taken a piece of acrylic and turned it into a light diffuser. I have created the letter G that will go on the acrylic and will be attached to the small wooden door. The door will be covered in trim so it will not look like a door at all. The acyrilic will light up with either lights from my LED's or I will add a seperate light when it is done.

Here is the finished product but there are two things to keep in mind. First, the angle of the camera makes the hood look larger than it really is. Last, the light that can be seen coming from the top is only because the hood is slightly proped open because a pipe was running under it but can easily be closed. Now just need to get my LED's put in there. Feel free to ask any questions...

PhotoNov0310936PM.jpgPhotoNov0341033PM.jpg

I call it my G-tank for obvious reasons (My last name is Goodwill)

More mods to come!

Ohh by the way if you haven't noticed from the first to the last pictures you can no longer see any filter hanging down! That is because I finished and implemented my nearly invisible, completely quiet, and fail safe overflow/sump design! I find this to be really cool because you cannot see and pipes or anything and the tank is not drilled! Took some work but finally got it working properly...

I am installing a DIY led on my hood. I have savaged the internet looking for compatabile affordable controllers and I have put together a great kit. I will a DIY thread for this LED build because after days of not finding what I wanted I think others will also be interested in this build. It is interesting because with the $70 controller you can control up to four seperate sets of lights (whites, blues, violets), fans, and moonlights! I have not seen anyone do this for 70 dollars. Also, the controller features a daylight and moonlight timer that dims and brightens the lights over time. This build will be really cool! If you are interested in watching on it I will make a thread for it as well as post it on this tank thread. Lastly, thank both of you for the compliments!

Got one box of goods in today!

PhotoNov1020949PM.jpg

This is just a teaser for my LED build which I will be making a youtube video about because I really think people will like my build. There is so much information about LED's out there but it is so scattered it literally takes weeks to put it together.... Sooo basically the video will try and help people who do not have weeks of their life to devote to a build be able to find some information out.

Anyway in this box are two hydor evo 550's and a Ac jr.

Here is a pic of the way I set up the powerheads...PhotoNov1175625AM.jpg

So far the way they are facing is really pushing some serious current through the tank... Once I get the AC JR set up with occilate I think that these powerheads are going to move some serious water...

On a sad note I locked myself out of my AC JR. after playing with it for about 15 minutes lol.... So I have to call neptune tomorrow... Man they should say in the manual not to turn off DHCP unless you wrote down the IP address lol!!!