AquaIllumination's customer service

medi

I know they are not a sponsor, but I feel this is worth sharing. I had a major problem occur while I was installing my new AI Sol LEDs. My hanging fixture slipped off the top of my tank and fell into the water completely submerging two of the modules. Thank goodness everything was unplugged so nothing got zapped, and there was a chance that my lights would survive. In the process of pulling apart the cases I accidentally broke the large plastic cover that holds the lenses in place, and apparently I managed to break one of the LED pucks as well. Side note.....maybe I shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff at 230 AM.... Anyways, I dried and cleaned everything to the best of my ability and then placed them both into a bed of rice to hopefully pull out any remaining moisture.

This morning I plugged in the modules to find that 2 out of the 3 modules were working great. On the third module not a single blue LED would light. I again pulled everything apart and started trying to find the problem to no avail. I finally broke down and called AI for help. After a brief question and answer session we determined that I broke one of the blue LED's and disrupted the chain so none of the LED's would fire. I was completely honest in my dealings and took full responsibility for the accident. That being said AI offered to send me a new LED puck, and a brand new plastic housing with rush shipping completely free of charge! I offered to pay multiple times since it was my fault, and they are out of warranty, but they adamantly refused any payment. All is set to arrive on Tuesday so everything should be back to full capacity then.

It sure is nice to get awesome customer service, and because of this one experience I will always recommend AI products.

• Like 2

Right on, man. It's so nice to get great customer service. Having been in the industry myself since I was 16, I find myself absolutely dumbfounded by the atrocious service so many people give. It's not hard to put on a smile and make the customer happy

Stories like that are one of the reasons I went with them for my led lights. That's great! I hope this fixes it and your lights are up and running soon! On a side note, did the whole stand fall, or did the units slip off of the railing? I've read a few accounts of the units sliding right off of the railing. I wish they would include washers or something to plug the ends and fix this very silly problem...

The MH that these are replacing were in a hanging canopy that I built to match the stand. I simply just gutted it and then added aluminum rails for these to hang. So I have no AI hanging products on this fixture. It fell because the canopy is just a hair larger than my tank so I can srt it on top while I am running te cables. What happened was after I ran the cables on one side then it pulled the canopy over and made it slide into the tank. Complete dumb mistake on my part.