Bristle Worm??

brandonk

I'm not sure what this is. Looks like a bristle worm to me, but what do I know? I was moving around my live rock and he happened to be under there. not really a quick mover, so i scooped him up in the net and now he's hanging out along with some sand in the net until i figure out what he is for sure.

hes about 2.5-3" long, since theres nothing really to compare to in the photo.

post-2039-0-35175000-1315325057_thumb.jp

Looks like a small bristleworm to me. I've got about a 6-7 incher in my tank. He hasn't hurt anything, and apparently they're considered a good addition to clean up crews. I'd just toss him back in the tank unless you just really don't want him in there.

cool, will do! he seems pretty neat, how often do you see yours?

Very, very rarely. They're nocturnal, so mine really doesn't even come out much with my moonlights on, which is 6 nights a week. And I like it that way; the big one that I have kinda freaks me out

I had one about 6 inches in my tank but I got rid of him as he freaked me out and I didn't know if he was good or bad and didn't want to risk it as it isn't your typical Bristleworm and he would move small pebbles around the hole of the rock he was living in... To see him I would have to go flashlight hunting at night and surprise him and he would dart back inside his hole.

yeah i see the fuzz on the edge. but i have never seen a black bristle worm with a white collar like that. may not be a ribbon worm, but in my link there is another link in one of the posts to a worm identification website (i believe its WetWebMedia) that may be able to help you determine what kind of worm it is

Corey