Help brainstorming way to kill aiptasia

KimP

I've got 2 aiptasia way down at the bottom of my 30" deep tank. Taking the rock out isn't an option because it's a base rock for my rock tower. I've had these 2 for years and never cared much about them until I started fixing up my tank. I've tried epoxying over their holes, putting plugs of coral over the hole, and they just pop up somewhere else soon after. I try to ignore them but now one popped up right next to a group of zoas I really love and the zoas stopped opening. I've moved that group of zoas, and now really want to just get rid of them. I have peppermint shrimp that got rid of tons of aiptasia except for these a long time ago.

I've read the threads on how to get rid of it, but if I stick my arm waaaaaay down to where they are with a syringe, I can't see what I'm doing at all :hmm: I have a syringe feeder, but when I use it to feed something like oyster feast for instance, I can see some leaks out as I get the feeder down into the tank. Would it be okay for some kalk paste, or lemon juice, or whatever to leak out a little bit? Any other ideas?

I need go-go-gadget arms :lol:

post-1781-0-98715700-1307241422_thumb.jp

yeah i wouldnt use the feeder syringe to kill the aptasia because next time you feed it could still have some aptasia x in it. River City Aquatics sells peps that eat aptasia. RCA also have an aptasia eating filefish right now.