Baby Picasso Clownfish

Bluespotjawfish

I think BSJ just wanted to share a neat video. @Hydro, I have found your comments in this thread quite distasteful. Further disparaging remarks will be considered flaming.

My bad, I must have been mistaken.

Umm...yes. I would pay the $100/pr... Have wanted the platinum at Aquatek ever since I saw it, but can't afford/not willing to spend $300. Love the look though! I've heard it's extremely demanding to raise the fry, but it may can be worth it if you have the time...

The older two hatches are doing well but I lost many of the little ones during meta, only about 30 left. One of my rotifer cultures crashed a few days ago, maybe the issue is related.

Rotifers populate in the fry tank and I split the remaining culture. At day 5 they are introduced to the nhbbs as well. I took more video of all three hatches, but haven't had a chance to post them. You can almost see the littlest ones :)

I think BSJ just wanted to share a neat video. @Hydro, I have found your comments in this thread quite distasteful. Further disparaging remarks will be considered flaming.

My bad, I must have been mistaken.

I have re-read all the comments in this thread and feel that I snapped at Hydro.Your comments were not "flaming" just off-topic.

I am Drooling at the opportunity to get a platinum baby!

You are welcome. Yip, even when I don't feel like doing it I have to do the chore list. And the house sometimes looks like a mine field. Most the time it is enjoyable though and not a chore.

• 2 weeks later...

bump

any updates?

I am Drooling at the opportunity to get a platinum baby!

You are welcome. Yip, even when I don't feel like doing it I have to do the chore list. And the house sometimes looks like a mine field. Most the time it is enjoyable though and not a chore.

MasonHoff, here is a video from last week. I added an anemone to their tank. As you can tell they loved it, but after a few days I decided I didn't want to risk it polluting the tank and put it in the display tank with better lighting instead. I've taken more video since then, but technical difficulties and deadlines have prevented me from uploading them.

looking really good!

MasonHoff, here is a video from last week. I added an anemone to their tank. As you can tell they loved it, but after a few days I decided I didn't want to risk it polluting the tank and put it in the display tank with better lighting instead. I've taken more video since then, but technical difficulties and deadlines have prevented me from uploading them.

@ Teg I always thought your avatar was you being funny and the clownfish had spit out all that color. I'm laughing at myself now.

@BSJ Sorry to hear about the losses. Hydro had brought up a question I had when you said culled what does that mean. I don't want to assume anything. I really have enjoyed your videos. Oh and what general part of S.A. do you live in? I have family their and If I can kill two stones with one bird....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just off of Thousand Oaks near McAllister park. Sometimes there are defects, and in the wild these fish do not survive. It is my responsibility as a breeder to cull these fish. It's a tough thing to do.

Hopefully I can get some more pics this weekend. Just got a new camera too! Meanwhile, major deadlines at work...

• 2 weeks later...

Yip, for the most part they hang in or around the clay pots, a few like the corners, and a few have taken to the candy cane coral that is currently sharing their tank. Some of the video was shot from inside the tank, and so they are huddled together a bit more than usual in those. The pots are just like what you get at home depot for planting plants in. The outside bast of the pots in with the younger clutch have ceramic paint on them.

Archived