Moving Dragon's Breath

Eric Alvarado

I have this huge growth of Dragon's breath in my tank. Now, I would like to try to get some of that growing in my daughters 24G. The stuff grows directly out of a piece of live rock. If it was a normal plant, I would just dig it up by the roots and move it. However, how do you get it to root into a new piece of rock? Do you take a clipping and rubber band it to a new piece of rock? Put a piece of rock on it and hope something roots on it? What? :D

mine originally came as a loose clipping and has grown great on its own! I have since attached it to a frag plug with a rubberband so it stays in one place. It has continued to grow well (I originally tried super-glue, but it didn't like that much and "freed" itself). Pieces have fallen off in my attempt to move stuff around and these "new clippings" have also grown great just floating around the tank or pushed slightly into the sand (though I've found the algae is much more appreciative if you dig a hole first and then push a tiny bit of sand over it to hold it down - rather than try to push the algae through the sand).

Good luck!

Archived