New Here

Ben

Hi everybody I am new to the Austin area but not new to saltwater tanks and reef keeping. I was wondering what LFS was considered to be the best in the area. I would like to check a couple of them out.

Thanks

Ben

Welcome to the group and Austin!

Here are the three stores I go to in no particular order.

Aquatek Tropical Fish

8023 Burnet Road #1

Austin, TX 78757

(512) 450-0182

River City Aquatics

12108 Roxie Dr.

Austin, TX 78729

(512) 219-7200

Austin Aqua-Dome

1604 Fortview Austin, TX 78704

(512) 442-1400

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody. I actually live in El Paso and commute here to Austin every week for work. Back home I currently have a 50 gallon and 60 gallon duel frag tank system plumbed to a common sump. the 50 gallon is a true frag tank and the 60 is going to be my growout tank. I took down my display because I didn't have time to take care of it the way it needed to be taken care of. All of those tanks are in a fish room I built in my garage. I have been in Austin for four months and will be here at least that much longer but more than likely through the end of the year.

I ordered a Cadlights 12 gallon nano to keep in my office here in Austin. (I missed having a system to tinker with everyday!!) The tank should be here tomorrow and I am pretty anxious to get it up and running. I will be running an LED light on it and a MP10 for flow. It will be controlled by Reef Keeper Lite, I have an Elite running my systems at home and love it. I have yet to decide on a skimmer. I wanted to get the tank in before I made that decision.

I guess that is it for now. Time to get out and hit up the local stores.

Thanks

Ben

Archived