The saga of the 150

dapettit

That's insane. So do you feed your corals like Cyclo-pleez or anything like that. I really want to give my corals a boost. Right now i haven't done anything to the tank and my zoas are doing great. I've had them about a month and see a few extra heads. I just feel i need to feed them. snack.gif I have all my corals in an 8 gallon tank and they are doing great in there by themselves. My main tank is clearing up real good after the cyano break out. Might leave the coral i have in the small tank and buy more for the large one.

I have never feed my corals. Or I hould say I never spot feed them. They get the food just like everyone else in the tank. I did have a calcium reactor on the tank about a year ago.

Dave-

Do you feed Cyclop-eeze or fine filter food?

If I remember I may put a pinch of cyclop-eeze in when the food is thawing. But, I usually forget to.

Dave-

When I first start my reef in 2007 I would feed oyster eggs, phyto, cyclopeeze, and reef roids. Never saw any significant improvement. When I would spot feed with the reef roids my corals would slime like crazy. The most growth, color and polyp extensions I has was when I was running my calcium reactor.

I currently use Red Sea Pro salt mix, & the "cheap" pulserite bulbs. I have seen a 1/2" growth on my cali tort & my Tyree tri-color acro is coloring up nicely since I changed bulbs about a month or so ago.

Dave-

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Lighting up date I went from 500 watts of MH lighting & 108 watts of T-5 actinic lighting to 187 watts of LED's.

My temperature was 78-81 degrees a day under MH and today the tank very rarely reaches 78.5. My top off as dropped considerably too.

Here is what I used to have:

gallery_251_11_2440600.jpg

New LED set up:

The new lights, consists of four separate LED fixtures mount to which all are mount to an angled frame to get up light up underneath the rock ledges.

gallery_251_11_2654748.jpg

UV'S

gallery_251_11_388539.jpg

All the LEDs:

gallery_251_11_3558170.jpg

George,

I have seen tremendous growth, as well as color & color change. For instance our big red brain revealed its ture colors, orange & purple. I have also had some bleaching and lost some zoas, at first. I lost a huge colony of purple death but they are making a comeback. I have had them running since the first of the year.

Dave-

• Like 2