Nano tank

Christian

Hello all. I'm glad to be back on here. I've recently started up a 10 gallon tank, and was wondering what are some good corals to put in the tank with a 1/4 inch panda goby? I know that the clown goby likes the live in birdnests, but to pandas like the same?

Also some nice small fish to as well. Be for you all ask what kind of lighting I've got on the tank, I've got a floresent light that is one bulb 50/50, I will eventually up-grade to a T5-HO 2 bulb.

Unfortunately for the setup you have now I cannot recommend any coral, except mushrooms or similar low light species. You may pick up a T5-HO 2 bulb fixture at the dome for like $40. I would get two fixtures for a total of 4 bulbs.

Panda Gobies, like clown gobies live in branches in the wild. Therefore he would like a coral w/ branches. My clown goby moves from colony to colony and even sits on LPS corals (he actually sits on anything, power heads..etc)

Well I have a 48" T5-HO 2 bulb fixture over my 55g tank that I'm taking down. So I could sit that on top of their. So a 4 bulb will allow me to put almost any thing in the tank?

Haha ok so he'll just swim around and sit on any coral, what are some kinds of corl not to put in the tank with him. I know that LPS and SPS are ok because their hard corals but what about like torches etc.?

Yes, for the light requirement, a 4 bulb HO on a 10 gallon would be perfect (also water parameter: ie: skimming, testing come into play of course). I would stick to digi's and birdsnest or LPS, softies. I have a large colony of digi that he loves the most. He sits on other LPS's like my candy canes or Chalice's. Not my torch...nothing to sit on..lol.

post-1248-0-25070500-1298045064_thumb.jp

He's up top in the green digi colony:

post-1248-0-43975200-1298045281_thumb.jp