Bad sale

pgatour

Hi everyone, I don't come around here bad mouthing anybody but I ended up with a bad ice cap ballast! I understand used equipment - not perfect and all but they should be functioning right?... Well "JERBOB" sold me ice cap 430 with a wire harness and sadly IT DOES NOT WORK!

I also bought a wavemaker (jbj) from Cory and I specifically asked him before taking the equipment if it is working and he said it was so bought it for $25 - I went ahead and bought a cascade 1000 canister filter from him which he was selling for $50 . I asked if he'd sell both for $60 - he did - I took both. and come to find out the wavemaker is not working - pump one stays on and obviously does not do the wavemaking function. PM him and he was willing to take it back but he'll only give me $10 bec. he claims that $50 went to his DAD who was the one selling the cannister filter - wow! So here I am out $60 and decided to just leave it be- well yesterday I was trying to hook up the cannister filter - guess what --- IT IS ALSO BROKEN! Pls beware of these individuals. Again I understand used equipment aren't meant to be perfect - cosmetic defects and what not - but selling a BROKEN EQUIPMENT wtf! mad.gif

everytime I have bought from members I have been happy... I bought stuff from Cory (diabeetus) before and it works great... people on here dont usually sell faulty equipment on purpose. maybe something happened to it from the last time they used it... this would probably be more effective and less of an attack if you dealt with this privately?? Its not fair for the people/items in question be posted for the world to see. I know if it was my issue I would want to deal with it privately.. yes it sucks that things you bought didnt work, and they should make it right.. just not sure this is the right way to go about it. If we are talking about the same Cory here then he has always been honest dealing with me as well as other people.... and is respected around here.... shouldnt this be moved to the reef keeping or off topic area??

Good luck in getting things straight

I just tried to contact Cory as he is a good friend and I think he will try to make this right...just to make sure, you are talking about diabeetus and not Captain Vash? as they are both named Cory...

I just spoke to Cory...diabeetus...he will work with you....he had NO IDEA there was a problem. He ia not an " Individual to be aware of "....I personally feel you should have contacted him first because it should not have come from me to tell him of this issue or for him to find this as a surprise on a public forum.

Hi everyone, I don't come around here bad mouthing anybody but I ended up with a bad ice cap ballast! I understand used equipment - not perfect and all but they should be functioning right?... Well "JERBOB" sold me ice cap 430 with a wire harness and sadly IT DOES NOT WORK!

I also bought a wavemaker (jbj) from Cory and I specifically asked him before taking the equipment if it is working and he said it was so bought it for $25 - I went ahead and bought a cascade 1000 canister filter from him which he was selling for $50 . I asked if he'd sell both for $60 - he did - I took both. and come to find out the wavemaker is not working - pump one stays on and obviously does not do the wavemaking function. PM him and he was willing to take it back but he'll only give me $10 bec. he claims that $50 went to his DAD who was the one selling the cannister filter - wow! So here I am out $60 and decided to just leave it be- well yesterday I was trying to hook up the cannister filter - guess what --- IT IS ALSO BROKEN! Pls beware of these individuals. Again I understand used equipment aren't meant to be perfect - cosmetic defects and what not - but selling a BROKEN EQUIPMENT wtf! :)

hey, im sorry that the equipment was not working properly. i contacted you and you never replied. i literally unplugged the wavemaker 5 minutes before giving it to you. im not sure what might have gone wrong. i didnt want to short my father out of any money since it was a package deal you wanted. i honestly only got 10 dollars from that deal. if you were having problems with the canister filter, why didnt you come to me personally? i said if it was not working you could return it. i PM'd you and you never replied. now youre making a public scene out of this,, because why? who knows. you never even contacted me about the canister filter before coming on here blasting me and jerbob before trying to deal wit this personally first. wtf! :mad: