Zoa Hybrid

cyrus

Ladies and gentlemen I believe I have a new zoa. I had 2 types on one plug in my crap tank and just let them go. One was a brown with an orange center and the others were all green. The combo? A green zoa with an orange center! I fragged them to get them away from the aptasia horde. I will get picts as soon as they open back up. Anyone ever seen a totally green zoa with an orange center?

Actually, yes i have. I got some zoas once that may have been eagle eyes, i dont pay attention to zoa. They color shift to an almost solid orange with age. They start out all kinds of green, orange, yellow and end up orange with a ring inside that is a light brown or purple.

Cyrus I don't want to rain on your parade but zoa's morph all the time. You fragging them and changing tanks might make them morph yet again. Don't let any of that change your joy in what's happened. So what if it happens all the time, apparently this is the first time it's happened in your tank. Enjoy it. Post pics. I'm interested to see what happens once you put them in your non "crap" tank.

Yeah I thought Eagles at first also but there is not brown at all :) Maybe this is what they are lol

No one can rain on my parade! Yeah I know they do lol. But like you said first time joy! I've seen them change many times before however this is the first time I've seen them mix like this. The best of 2 zoas in one. Yeah I'm hoping under the halides they will do better but we will see. Hopefully not morph in a bad way.