Corbin's tort

Hydro

I only have smaller frags, between 1/4" to 1/2". These have been fragged from single coralites and are several months old. I'm quite sure you will not find this coral anywhere for sale unless you buy it from the handful of people that have bought frags from me locally. Its colors range from turqoise in my old tank to an emerald green in my new tank. The mother colony is now about 6" tall with very thick branches (1.5" across) and very long coralites. All frags start out green with blue tips, its a fast grower that can handle all the light that you throw at it.

Exoticfrags.us is wanting to sell this coral at $125 per 1/4" but so far I have sold out here before I could ship them any until now. I have a few 1/4"+ frags that are starting to encrust and I have (2) 1/2" frags that are almost completely encrusted. I will be sending the frags that I have ready to exoticfrags.us at the end of this week, after that it will be a couple of months before I would have any more ready to go since I'm only fragging tiny pieces and then growing them out. This being one of the more rare corals around my prices are firm but I'm open to high end trades.

1/4"-1/2" $100

1/2" plus $125

post-1255-073396000 1281280221_thumb.jpg

post-1255-025934100 1281280244_thumb.jpg

post-1255-014500200 1281280279_thumb.jpg

post-1255-014675500 1281280361_thumb.jpg

post-1255-084678300 1281280375_thumb.jpg

post-1255-076737900 1281280398_thumb.jpg

post-1255-085050700 1281280686_thumb.jpg

Yes it was. After purchasing the colony I literally spent hours and hours trying to find out what it was and couldn't find anything even similiar. I asked where I bought it from and they had no idea, I asked the wholesalers who they bought it from and they had no idea, I even asked places like exoticfrags.us who also is part of coralpedia.com, they had no idea either. When I bought the coral it didn't look anything like it does now, it was brown and much smaller. The only reason I bought it was b/c of the unusual growth pattern. It took about 6 months for it to start to color up and it took a year for me to able to frag some of it. It can't be cut without it being really ugly so I had to wait until the corallites were large enough to break off to start some frags. It takes months for the frags to start growing but once they do it grows pretty fast. For it to completely encrust a plug takes about 6 months, this is one of the reason for the high cost of the frags. All of the frags that I'm offering are at least 4 months old.

The color is like a hawkins exchinata but the growth pattern is strange. One side of the coral grows like a typical tort, like a cali tort, but the other side is tabling. It had to be named and it was really hard for me to decide. There was no way to tie in the color or the growth pattern in to the name, so I named it after my son.

The pictures above are good, but don't do this coral justice. The color is amazing - way better than hawkins enchinata - and I've never seen a growth pattern like it.

If you had this coral in your tank, it could easily be the "prize" coral and once it gets going I promise it would be the coral that everyone was asking about, and asking you to frag!

Did you know that if you buy this coral, you'll be buying the coral named after the kid (Hydro's kid) in the Huggies Jeans Diapers commercial?!

One day that kid will be super famous, and you'll have the coral named after hint. HINT: its an investment in your future.

post-632-068638200 1281391209_thumb.jpg

lol

You know that I sent the youtube link of that commercial to my sister and told her that it was Corbin. It looks so much like him that she believed me...lol. I told here after a couple of days, I waited untl she told a lot of people first.