Fish compatability..

Jacobw

I have recently moved some of my nano to a larger 58 gallon. Along with that move came a feisty Blue Azure, I added two anthias and a six-line yesterday. The azure is not happy and is showing aggression to the smaller Anthias by chasing and nipping at their tails. I know that by adding more fish in a cichlid tank can help lower targeted aggression. Can I apply the same concept here? I was hoping that I could because the Azure is very difficult to catch now. Thanks!

So by that you must mean I am stuck with him... until I can capture him... Wish there way some way to keep him in check. Maybe he needs a female companion to nag at him until he submits... maybe that only works with people.

yep, i think so jacob. someone else may have some other experiences. but some fish are just mean. i have a cinnamon clown that falls into that category.

if it isnt really causing damage the damsel may eventually tire of the fight. but if it has decided to have a ranch instead of a townhome it might be best to take it to the store for trade.

i believe Chromis are Damsels, not possitive about that but for the most part the chromis' are more docile. they are tough little fish too. since they are not anthias i think you have a better chance of them surviving, and possibly coming to an understanding with 'grumpy' they should be able to find a way to get along in a 58gallon tank.

That fish is called a "Honey Chromis" but is much more closely realted to the damsel family. The azure is an extremely territorial fish and will nip the honeys until they leave your tank. In the ocean, the honeys would leave, in an aquarium they will be picked to death.

John