Mag or quiet one pumps?

Will

I looked at the eheims and they are almost double the price for the same about of flow as the mags and the quietone's. i doubt any of them are as loud as my Rio. temperature would be an issue.

The other reason why I am replacing my rio is that i have a feeling that it is about to die (have had it for 8 years)

I posted the wrong quiet ones, its the 3000

the think is i want a pump that does around 500 gph, none of the eheims are around there (neither are the quietones for that matter). Right now my tank sits at around 80 degrees with a RIO 2500, do yall think that the mag would put out more heat then that?

do you know of any other good pumps that have a model in the 500 gph range?

Of course if all else fails i could just buy the eheim and connect it to a larger tank :D

I use a Mag 9.5 and it is very quiet. I did not know about the temp thing tho. Yall sit on too many secrets. Now I have to think about replacing the NEW mag.

only if you have a temp problem.

Remember Rick, you are a reef enthusiast, not a reef junkie.

Mark,

im not sure if that will be enough flow for what i am wanting, although it is very tempting.

so far heat has not been an issue, and im not sure if the mag will add more heat than my rio is currently putting out.

although $60 is a very attractive price

Had a Mag 9.5 which worked fine. Got a chance at a good deal on an Eheim 1262 so I switched. Tank dropped 2 degrees. Go with the Eheim and put a ball valve on it if you need to cut back the flow.

Looking at the data on the 1262, it is a bit less than the 9.5. 898 GPH vs 950. Shouldn't be huge problem to get balanced. I am not sure if I have a temperature problem or not. My tank tends to get in the 81 - 82 range even running a fan on the warm days. Lowering it 2 degrees would be good I think.