cool culerpa

Hydro

I recieved someones else fish order from Reefs to go one time and it had this culerpa in it. I have never seen it before but eventually did find it on the web and it was safe for my refugium. This was about 8 months ago and I have to say that I love this stuff. Its really fluffy and soft, easy to pull out, it grows fairly fast but I would NOT say that its invasive (because it is so easy to remove and kind of delicate). It doesn't need sand to attach, just some rock. Did I mention that my tangs eat it? IMO best culerpa ever.

I had a cyno outbreak in my fuge that nearly wiped me out of the culerpa, now that my water paramters are great again this stuff is back to growing well. Strange...the cleaner the water the better the plant does.

I wanted to see if anyone would like a cutting of this to start in their fuge, it would be nice to have it going at least in one other spot in case mine dies for some reason. I gave some to mama some a couple of months ago, I'm not sure if she just fed it to her fish or started it in her fuge though.

Its free!

post-1255-12723778019455_thumb.jpg

post-1255-12723778136445_thumb.jpg

I'll give it a fuge run too. I'll be interested in how it reacts in different tanks.

Right now i'm growing sea lettuce it looks like green glass in the tank wich is cool and the fish love it and it grows fast in one tank and slow in the main.

Ok, how do we do this? Maybe I can leave it at RC or can I leave a bunch with one of you guys that way yall can pick it up whenever you can, instead of us all trying to meet up at one time. Sound good?

Anyone is welcomed to drive to Elgin to pick up but I do go into Austin most every weekend.

i live near RCA, and could be the distributor in Austin. i'm available SAT afternoon to coordinate a meeting @ RCA.

ok sounds good to me, I will just bring all that I can and you guys can split it up. Please send me a PM with your phone # and I will give you a call to arrange a time. I'm actually going by fishy business to order a sump if that's closer to you.