bulb change

crendon2003

So I noticed my 10000k bulbs were getting old in my cf setup I know I should upgrade to T5 or MH but wedding is eating up most of my money so I have to stick it out for one more year. But I have enough to get bulbs so my question is I was shopping around and came across the website reefgeek.com and there bulbs were totally differnt they have 12000k actinic, 14000k 75-25 which they say is 75% actinic and 25% daylight also 2-in 1 12000k/ super actinic also 2-in 1 super actinic/ 75-25 which is 1/2 14000k and 1/2 super actinic. Needless to say I'm confused should I get that 14000k 75-25 aquablue To be with my actinics or stick with 10000k and actinics. If u go to there website reekgeek.com u will see what I'm talking about. Please shed some light on it for me. Thanks for any help.

The numbers! Oh, the numbers! :hyper:

How many bulbs are you replacing?

The reason I ask, is because if you are replacing just one, I would not go with the 75% actinic/25% daylight... you would loose a lot of white spectrum.

I guess it depends on what color you are looking for. If you are happy with your current mix (sounds like separate 10K bulbs, with supplemental actinic), then I would stick with that. Especially if you are planning on changing to T5s or MH down the road.

I would think the 2-n-1 14K bulb with actinic would be too blue.

(BTW, the money spending does not stop with the end of the wedding ceremony :whistle: )

The numbers! Oh, the numbers! :whistle: . . . If you are happy with your current mix (sounds like separate 10K bulbs, with supplemental actinic), then I would stick with that. Especially if you are planning on changing to T5s or MH down the road. . . .

+1

wanting to replace just two bulbs and keep the actinics. So would that 75-25 hurt the coral growth in my tank?

I would probably stick with bulbs don't don't add any more actinic then. It is the 10K/14K part of the spectrum where you are going to get the most growth from, thus if you decrease the amount of the daylight portion, you will see less growth. The actinic is mainly there to make the colors "pop" out in florescent.