High Performance Diet Reviewed

mcallahan

Uh oh, someone is a potty mouth. Haha. Don't let Laura see this, she will wash your mouth out with soap.

Are you going to switch completely to the HPD? Did you get a new hair cut?

Uh oh, someone is a potty mouth. Haha. Don't let Laura see this, she will wash your mouth out with soap.

Are you going to switch completely to the HPD? Did you get a new hair cut?

I'm not switching completely, but it will be part of my diet rotation of mysis/nori/HPD

Mark - like the video, definitly better then the original.

The one difference I did was use the HPD as a base and added everything else to it (dry and frozen food, snow, minerals, selcon, etc, etc)

so its consistency is more in line with frozen food. By that I mean it falls apart when I wave it around the tank. This way I

ensure that it is dispersed to all areas and critters. One feeding every other day seems to be doing wonders. Both the

Firefish and Goby are more active and less intimidated by the chromis. In fact I've seen more of the goby in the last week

then the previous month. So all in all am quite happy with it.

However: For my next batch (prob. in 3/4 weeks), I will double the ingredients and use a smaller container with a flat bottom.

As stated previously the use of egg crate to create breakable squares works like a champ, but the first batch was too thin and

required using two squares. 2nd - think I need to start feeding a piece one hour before lights out and a second piece after

lights out to ensure coral (ie my gorgorians for one) get fed when the polyps emerge. 3rd- will probably go on a 3 day feeding

schedule. Yesterday before getting my Aqua order, I stopped at the Hong Kong market near your house and picked up some

Nori (Hijiki dried seaweed???) so will add that also.

One final benifit is that by mixing and feeding a one time cocktail, the portions of stuff added to the tank is more regulated and

controlled, besides being easier and less time consuming.

wayneb

I got a sample from Mark and I have to say... my critters love it. I used about a square inch of it and put half on a clip and half i broke into smaller pieces to drop in various corals. I have a algae blenny that won't eat anything but tank raised algae on glass and he went right for this stuff. My clowns grabbed it and pulled it back to thier home. Blastos puffed up around it to eat. If i rubbed it in my hand to make a fine mist I saw my gorgonian polyps grabbing some on the way by. About the only thing in my tank that didn't munch it was my mandarin, and well, its not a copepod so no suprise there.

I particularly loved the ease of use of this. Much easier than spot feeding plankton with a baster. Like Mark said above i want to add it to my rotation along with other products. I think it might become the "base" food I use though.

Let me know the next time you do an order. If I have any spare cash I would love to go in on a few months supply to add to my rotation.