River City Aquatics - props

hammondegge

i finally made it up there today. desperatly needed some salt. they are very nice people with reasonable prices. well stocked in everyday reef items. also the only store that i know of in austin that is stocking Tropic Marin Pro. they offer a 15% Maast discount bringing the salt cost down to $59. i will return soon.

Glad you finally got up there, Robert. Yup, Carlos is great, and I'm actually surprised he's not a sponsor already. He's very supportive of the Austin reef community. I'll ask him about it next time I'm in there.

They are definitely my favorite LFS right now.

When you're looking for them, heading North on 183/Research, you turn right just after that Mexicanaria/Imports place with all the clay pots and Southwestern yard art.

remember sundra, sponsership is free right now. right andrew?

It's has changed a little bit.

Im asking sponsors to donate doorprizes such as dry goods or gift cards in the general amount of $50/yr to be raffled off at future meetings.

So its not exactly free, but it's not expensive.

I'm not positive about the day either, but when they do that, they always do a big buy for it so they have some great selections and they stay open until like 10:00pm (but all the best stuff goes right after the sale begins).

I asked them about becoming a sponsor when I was in there the other day. Carlos wasn't around, but the guy I talked to said they had intended to do it, but had been really busy with something on the freshwater side. New website, maybe?

I saw Carlos yesterday, and he said he will definitely make donations to our meetings, a bucket of salt or something like that each time.

Also, their big sales are on the first Friday of every month. That's when they do the big stock-up, offer huge discounts and stay open until 10pm. That's next Friday! blob7.gif