Stupid Clowns ???

Eckreef

I am brimming with happiness and thought I would share.

Came home to find this...

gallery_949_7_1892964.jpg

I had my first reef tank in 1994 and saw my first RBTA then. Long absence from hobby and was able to pick it up last year but have always wanted a RBTA with clowns.

Tanks is now 6 months old and stable and after my patient waiting I decided it was time.

Added a Sherman RBTA 2 days ago and was starting to get nervous as my pair of clowns acted like it did not exist. They are still young but have never shown any interest in hosting anything in my tank (frogspawn, torch, etc)

I really became nervous after reading Zara's and others post about stupid clowns not wanting to host and anemone's moving all over the tank.

So far I am blessed as I appear to have a happy RBTA and pair of clowns. biggrin.gif

:D I actually should change my sig. While the clowns are still stupid they have hosted in the mini colony of scuba steve's since i put them in my 90G. They went straight for it, attaching to it within 3 or 4 hours of me moving them when they had mostly ignored it in the old tank.

I've been thinking hosting might need them to be territorial a bit. In my 24G I think they saw the whole tank as theirs so would swim around. In the 90 they stay in about the same volume that they did in the 24 G centered around their new home. So they didn't need to really have a home in the smaller tank where they do need it to feel safe in the 24...

Nice! I have had an RBTA for over a year now. My Ocellaris would never go in it in my old tank. I sold the clowns when I moved to the new setup. I bought some True Percs last week hoping for better luck. So far nothing. The smaller male will go look at it sometimes. I can almost hear him thinking - "Something tells me I should like this thi.. ooh my reflection!" as he swims away from it again.

congrats!!

When I first got my clowns I got a GBTA as well. One of the clowns hosted in a matter of days...and loved it to death. It was too small.

The other clown never hosted, preferring to hang around my red cap monti.

When the GBTA died the clown that was hosting wandered around a while and then settled on the frogspawn. Every once in a while it ventures out and rubs up against one of the two torches I have.

The other swims around most of the time now. I think it's mad that the red cap monti has grown and doesn't offer the same hiding place anymore.

In two days they have yet to notice the RBTA... :(

Stupid clowns. :)

wher did you get your clown??

They are Rod's Reef Onyx Clownfish from Premium Aquatics. They are bred by the guy who makes Rod's Food which I also like.

I really like these clowns because of their coloring...they are half orange and half onyx.

congrats!!

In two days they have yet to notice the RBTA... sad.gif

Stupid clowns. laugh.gif

Hope they notice soon.