Fish Exile Tank

Lamont

Here is my exile tank i was speaking of last week. It will end up with about ten different types of aggressive fish(maybe more) and soft corals. I started it about 6 weeks ago. i has about 35lb of different types of live rock and a 5g bucket worth of live sand. i use a Fluval 305 filter for filtration and aquarium systems 150 for the skimming. the lights are your basic PC's.(2x65w Dual actinics and 50/50) i would appreciate any suggestion on future additions or current items in the tank. i like to use Fluval canister filters because they kind of act as a sump for tanks this size. they have chambers that i put live rock, filter floss and solid ceramic rings in. i have a Fluval 404 on the other tank and have not had any problems.:lol:

Edited by lrssix

Dottybacks, golden dwarf morey, would be top of my list.

Maaan! thats an expensive eel but sure does look good! i have a sunrise dottyback in my coral tank and i called him my guardian of the tank! i will get another type of dottyback for this tank! that eel is priced from $350- $1500. do you know where to get one for a little less? If i find somewhere i will let you know. That was a great suggestion though! i really never think about eels because i dont want them eating my other fish.:lol:

Maaan! thats an expensive eel but sure does look good! i have a sunrise dottyback in my coral tank and i called him my guardian of the tank! i will get another type of dottyback for this tank! that eel is priced from $350- $1500. do you know where to get one for a little less? If i find somewhere i will let you know. That was a great suggestion though! i really never think about eels because i dont want them eating my other fish.:lol:

Isn't that the point of the exile tank? A misbehaving fish?

So the eel would take care of the bad fish for you!

There was one on CL for $100 bucks a couple weeks ago. Almost bought it. Might still be there, she was asking more, but I contacted here and she said I could have it for a lot less.

There was one on CL for $100 bucks a couple weeks ago. Almost bought it. Might still be there, she was asking more, but I contacted here and she said I could have it for a lot less.

Was it Princer / J. Prince? That's the only local 'she' I've ever known to have this eel. And I cannot believe you're seeing them for $300-1500.. $300-4XX I'm used to, for years even, but I've really truly never seen them listed above $550! Sadly, their price is here to stay.. I remember when they sorta debuted and started booming with popularity in 06/07, they were about $230-250 at the lowest back then, but most of the time were about $300-320. They are a tiny little thing, and typically shipped smaller than people would expect (think a young earthworm), but they really don't get big, and are mild mannered, at most. Definitely don't want to stick this little guy in with any pugnacious/dominant eaters, or he'll have a very tough time getting by.

If you were looking specifically for an eel that would do well in this size aquarium and with reasonably small fish, look at the Viper Moray and the Chestnut Moray. They are the smallest that I can think of that should have no qualms about eating whatever frozen food you happen to be using. Other small/skinny eels, like Garden, Ribbon, and Snake varieties, will be much tougher to acclimate to tank life & prepared foods.

Was it Princer / J. Prince? That's the only local 'she' I've ever known to have this eel. And I cannot believe you're seeing them for $300-1500.. $300-4XX I'm used to, for years even, but I've really truly never seen them listed above $550! Sadly, their price is here to stay.. I remember when they sorta debuted and started booming with popularity in 06/07, they were about $230-250 at the lowest back then, but most of the time were about $300-320. They are a tiny little thing, and typically shipped smaller than people would expect (think a young earthworm), but they really don't get big, and are mild mannered, at most. Definitely don't want to stick this little guy in with any pugnacious/dominant eaters, or he'll have a very tough time getting by.

If you were looking specifically for an eel that would do well in this size aquarium and with reasonably small fish, look at the Viper Moray and the Chestnut Moray. They are the smallest that I can think of that should have no qualms about eating whatever frozen food you happen to be using. Other small/skinny eels, like Garden, Ribbon, and Snake varieties, will be much tougher to acclimate to tank life & prepared foods.

Thanks for the info. i found the one that was on craigslist but i didnt pull the trigger. its just something about eels that make me shy away! i saw those prices from a website after i googled it. it was either the first or the second result. They look to much like snakes to me. :D