Wrasse missing since lighting upgrade

chrisfowler99

So I went from T5s to MH on Sunday.

Monday I couldn't find my Pink Margin Fairy Wrasse.

I looked everywhere around the tank and in the overflow looking for carpet surfing...nothing.

It's a little skittish at times normally, but if I'm in front of the tank for a few minutes it will usually make an appearance. And if I shut off the pumps to feed it usually pops right out. Nothing yesterday.

Can a lighting change freak them out enough to put them into hiding for a while?

Also, there's a strange bump in the sand...is it possible it buried itself to hide from the lighting? ;)

Wrasse tend to be a little skittish and you should give it time for the wrasse to adjust. Now, if you see a lump under the sand----I've done this-- I try to scoop the fish by hand just to make sure it was still alive, once I knew it was there, it either buried itself again or come out swimming. Back then we use to have a pair of coris wrasse and radiant wrasse....we normally could tell where they buried themselves by the look of the sand.

• Like 1

Wrasse tend to be a little skittish and you should give it time for the wrasse to adjust. Now, if you see a lump under the sand----I've done this-- I try to scoop the fish by hand just to make sure it was still alive, once I knew it was there, it either buried itself again or come out swimming. Back then we use to have a pair of coris wrasse and radiant wrasse....we normally could tell where they buried themselves by the look of the sand.

This is good advise for checking on it.