Good finds on eBay

ysanford

So, we just found some decent deals on eBay and since we had good luck with our first order, we are going to try it again. Last time we were able to pick up a nice 1" frag of sunset monti for $40! Since we also ordered a few other frags from the same seller, the shipping charge was really low.

Here is what we got this time around:

post-780-1238987565_thumb.jpg

Blue Mantis Zoas - 10 polyps

post-780-1238987589_thumb.jpg

Blue, Pink, and Green Ricordia - 2"

post-780-1238987622_thumb.jpg

Orange Quasar Zoas - 10 Polyps

post-780-1238987650_thumb.jpg

Orange and Green Birdsnest - 2"

post-780-1238987690_thumb.jpg

Pink Armageddon Zoas - 10 polyps

post-780-1238987727_thumb.jpg

Rainbow Aussie Acan - wysiwyg

post-780-1238987768_thumb.jpg

Solar Flare Zoas - 8 polyps

post-780-1238987802_thumb.jpg

XL Green and Purple Fuzzy Mushroom - 2"

Since we ordered more than 6 pieces from them, we qualified for FREE SHIPPING! We'll let everyone know how it turns out...

Edited by thesanfords

http://stores.ebay.com/Reef-Corals-Store-with-Low-Shipping

Looks like they also have their own website off of eBay. Maybe we can talk to them about doing a group order. Also, if anyone wants anything from them, let me know. I can order it for you and get free shipping. I would just need payment in advance. I plan on paying for these today or tomorrow, but if you want something, I can wait. Just let me know asap!

Edited by thesanfords

I've seen those for sale...that birdsnest has tempted me on more than one occasion, but I always forget to check it out again once I'm home.

Dena

I actually was 'watching' those on Ebay to see how much more than opening prices they went for. Looks like you did good. That would have been a drag if in all the world we were the only 2 bidding against each other :D

Bill

I've seen those for sale...that birdsnest has tempted me on more than one occasion, but I always forget to check it out again once I'm home.

Dena

If you want to pick some up, I would be more than happy to get it for you. I've already qualified for free shipping with the stuff that I've ordered, so like I said before, if anyone wants something, now may be the perfect time. :D

In regards to Bill's post, what do you all think of some kind of agreement not to bid on each others corals? We could keep it really simple. Have a post somewhere with ebay names we wouldn't bid against. Just to avoid driving up prices against someone else in Austin (or surrounding area) who might be willing to sell a frag later :D.

Or perhaps list what ebay name you are using, so two people bidding on the same thing can work something out instead of making each other crazy.

Edited by austinaquaman

In regards to Bill's post, what do you all think of some kind of agreement not to bid on each others corals? We could keep it really simple. Have a post somewhere with ebay names we wouldn't bid against. Just to avoid driving up prices against someone else in Austin (or surrounding area) who might be willing to sell a frag later :D.

That may be possible, but here are some potential problems - 1) You would have to keep track of everyones ebay names 2) sometimes it is a private bidder auction and you can't see the other bidders full name

What if when someone is ordering something off ebay, they can just post a topic to let others know and maybe set up a group buy to save on shipping costs. Or if there is a simplier way to track each others orders, that would be fine as well.

That may be possible, but here are some potential problems - 1) You would have to keep track of everyones ebay names 2) sometimes it is a private bidder auction and you can't see the other bidders full name

What if when someone is ordering something off ebay, they can just post a topic to let others know and maybe set up a group buy to save on shipping costs. Or if there is a simplier way to track each others orders, that would be fine as well.

Good points on the auctions.

I like the idea of posting when ordering something off ebay. That would make it easy to know if you were bidding against someone or do a group buy. Would we need a new forum for ebay/auction sites so they would be organized and easy to find?

Good points on the auctions.

I like the idea of posting when ordering something off ebay. That would make it easy to know if you were bidding against someone or do a group buy. Would we need a new forum for ebay/auction sites so they would be organized and easy to find?

That might be something to bring up at the next meeting. I've seen in some recent topics that it is important to everyone to try and save money, so if we can come up with more ways to help eachother get good deals, then great!

BTW, I just spoke with guy that I am getting all of these from and in case it was missed, he has some rainbow monti for $55. Again, it would be free shipping, so if anyone wants something, just let me know. I am going to pay for these by tomorrow so that I can have them delivered on Wednesday.