STOLEN EQUIPMENT

Jake@River City

Monday afternoon a Precision Marine R36 sump/refugium was stolen from River City Aquatics. As embarrassing as it is that such a large item can be stolen from our shop, I feel appalled that this behavior is happening in our reef community. Actions like this are devastating to small businesses. It ultimately affects us all with increases in prices to absorb losses.

Security measures have been implemented. If anyone has any information on this stolen item, please contact us. For my honest customers, I really do appreciate your support.

Is it possible it was sold and just not recorded properly?

Have you thought about just having a simple camera pointed at the door?

Also, it was entirely possible it was just stolen by someone who happened to be looking for an opportunity to steal The idea being "if it is big it must be worth something" It wasn't necessarily a local reefer.

I actually have this same sump, but mine is old and scummy so nobody report me. :doh:

That really sucks Jake! I'm really sorry to hear that it happened to you. The LFS are ultimately supported by the local reefing community and it's really sad to see someone in the hobby do something like that to a local small business. I was just thinking that the $1000 coral theft reported on Reef Builders last week seemed really crazy and now this..

Man, that really sucks Jake...sorry to hear that. Everyone, check the Reef Central classifieds too.

Maybe we'll get lucky and the friggin' idiot who stole it will post if for sale on the ARC classifieds!