local fish stores

ludakris

hi everyone..i am from belton texas and i was woundering if i could get a list of great saltwater stores in the austin area or close to..i would greatly appreciate it and give me you alls opinion on the stores and which one is perfered..i want to go and get some live rock for my new 29g biocube..and a test kit...would like to start posting pics as soon as i can get an upload to go through..im kinda in the middle of the ocuntry so i dont get service on my phone and i dont have a camera...well thank yall for the future input...look forward to meeting new people in the hobby

If you are looking for LR, try Prof(great prices,nice stuff),Fishy Business(really good prices, really nice stuff), River City has very good prices, but usually requires curing first, Aquadome has higher prices, but this batch they have now has some really nice shapes, and then Aquatek has interesting stuff, but the prices are quite a bit higher than the others(on their website is a coupon for $1/lb, but they start at 8/lb).

No bashing any of these, I have rock from each of them, some more than others.

Good luck

id like to first off say thank you all who relpied to my question..i went for an hour drive ans went to a few stores...too bad fishy business was closed today..but visited aqua tech, river city aquatics, and epic reef...i would like to share some photos of my tank now..i came home with 18 pounds of live rock on top of the 13 i already had in my tank..31 lbs in a 29 gallon now..waiting for the cycling to begin and finish....

post-1264-12618827933008_thumb.jpg

before picture with 13 lbs of LR...

post-1264-12618828082694_thumb.jpg

after rearranging and adding 18 lbs. of LR

post-1264-12618828164798_thumb.jpg

side shot

post-1264-12618828241749_thumb.jpg

and another

WELCOME!!!

Next time you are in town, make an appointment to stop on bywave.gif I do not carry dry goods, but have a nice assortmnet of inverts and corals. I have been on vacation for the holidays, but will be posting my new shipments from last week starting today. Just click on Rockin' Reefs!!

well i got 10 pounds from River City Aquatics..and i got ahold of Dave from Epic Reef and bought another 8 pounds of rock on top of the 13 pounds that i started out with..i really like to look of the tank..so now i have 31 pounds of rock in a 29BC..i think i could use a little more rock too to fill up the top back portion..

• 2 weeks later...

more rock=more filtration

no doubt there, but creating filtration can be as much fun as designing the reef or decoration. With ebay and craigs list a person can get lost in design.

Good luck

TT