10 gallon All in one

Chrispar

Ok well, I got the pond foam and started working on filling in the gaps. This stuff really expands, it says 3 times the size of the bead you lay, well lets just say its more like 5-6 times. Anyways, I was planning on doing some cutting and shaping of the foam but it looks like ill be doing more trimming than i thought, It should be fully cured and dried tomorrow, still have the overflow wall to foam in but Im liking the way it looks, just gotta see it in your head with the sand over the foam, it should all blend really nice.

post-995-1265073459705_thumb.jpg

post-995-12650734898434_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got me wondering now on how it would look on the back wall of a 55g long. Also what about using crushed coral and/or rubble instead of sand to fill in the gaps? Overall it appears that the final look is going to be more natural then the foam forms that can be purchased.

wayneb

So I trimmed up the edges a lil on the piece that goes on the back. I got my epoxy resin today and Im gonna try and get some sand soon then im gonna go to work on getting all that ugly black foamness taken care of.

post-995-12651739203426_thumb.jpg

post-995-12651740435975_thumb.jpg

Idk if Im gonna put the second wall in, its starting to look like its gonna be a tight fit. Ill see once i get it all trimmed up and put in for the test fit if its actually gonna stay in or not.

• Like 1

So I think Im pretty much done with the Rock wall build portion of things. Gotta let the epoxy finish curing and then I can silicone it into the tank. then I think Ill be ready to get this thing wet (fingers crossed).

post-995-12656101621284_thumb.jpg

you have some of the Pandas from Prof, correct? Is it a pretty active lil fish, I want something thats gonna be visible. I think I read an article not too long ago about the Fire prawn, so its an option. I really dislike having to choose livestock for Nanos, thats my only thing that I can really gripe about them for. On the other hand Im really excited about loading up that wall with corals. IDK Im gonna look at some gobies and see what i decide then Ill let everyone know. Thanks for the suggestions though Andrew.

I can rig up an acrylic or glass top for it

Nimern: I dont have water in it just yet, But im prolly looking at weekly water changes on this thing of maybe a gallon tops

What's up with the tank these days?

tank is sittin in the dining room waiting for me to over come my valentines spending lol Im looking to pick up around 8-10lbs of Lr in the next couple of days then itll be time to get it wet and start cycling it.