10 gallon All in one

Chrispar

So Ive been wanting a tank near my computer desk. so I decided to take cues from some stuff id seen online and Build a AOI Nano.

post-995-12598136952715_thumb.jpg

I cut 2 pieces of acrylic one was about 4 1\2"x81\2"(approx) to go from one of the side panes to my overflow wall.

The other piece (overflow wall) I cut to fit from front to back about 91\2"x11 1\2".

then I siliconed all my edges.

post-995-12598139914353_thumb.jpg

Overflow wall siliconed in.

post-995-12598140461753_thumb.jpg

From the front all panels siliconed in.

post-995-12598141681777_thumb.jpg

side(sump\fuge section) water will go from display> over overflow>through cheato and rubble rock>under partition and out through MJ900

post-995-12598143760899_thumb.jpg

From the top

I left myself almost 8 Gallons of display and im giving serious thought to doing a foam rock wall just for extra coral room.

Lighting is gonna be 96 watts of PC lighting 50/50

Flow courtesy of the maxi jet 900 that is my "return"

If I do the rock wall im thinking maybe 30lbs LR in the tank total but that is still to be decided.

Im gonna try and do all my tank painting tomorrow when the suns out and its a lil warmer. but I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

Thanks for looking

Chris

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm doing the same thing with a 5.5g. How did you cut the overflow slits? I'm to the point of cutting the slits and drilling my return. Are you just going to stick the MJ nozzle through your return hole or are you going to install a bulkhead and tubing?

Dok: I used a roto zip to cut my teeth but a hot butter knife would work, and im just mounting the MJ into my return hole, no tubing no bulkhead.

my girls box cutter from her all pink tools haha gotta love "tomboy tools"

LOL nano revolution is correct, im about to start getting all my old small fresh water tanks that are cluttering the garage and modding them. No desire for a bigger tank really, I have my 29 in the entry way and the smalls are going everywhere else.

So I got it painted, not the best job of painting ever, but most of the lil runs and stuff were on parts that wont be seen anyways. But im happy with the way it came out.

excuse the crappy pics

post-995-12598727385427_thumb.jpg

post-995-12598728157111_thumb.jpg

maxijet installed in the return hole, water tested and found no leaks, I plan on grabbing some eggcrate and dry rock this weekend and starting on my rock wall, Im thinking of doing it over the overflow wall and making a peninsula of rock since it would seem to go with the two open sides i have for viewing.

its gonna sit the tank like it is in the pictures, and the peninsula will be what i do with the rock work, In my mind my rock is in an "L"shape against my overflow wall, which will be a rock\foam wall and jut out into the tank.

• 1 month later...

you zip tie the dry rocks to eggcrate then fill in the spaces between the rock with pond foam, then you coat the foam in a 2 part epoxy to seal it and while thats wet sprinkle it with sand to cover the foam. its an idea I got from RC

Ok got all the rock zip tied to the eggcrate. here is the piece that will go along the back wall.

post-995-12649902593016_thumb.jpg

post-995-1264990308422_thumb.jpg

here it is in the tank.

post-995-12649903526838_thumb.jpg

and the piece that will go on the overflow wall.

post-995-12649903900597_thumb.jpg

Tomorrow, i will go buy some pond foam and start filling in the cracks, then cut the zip ties and remove them. then comes the epoxy and the sand over the foam.

Archived