DIY wavebox with Video!!!

dustint21

No pics of the build. It is a very simple box 5''x4.5''x10'' made of 1/4'' acyrlic. It has an open top, and 1 hole for the Tunze 6100 to slide into. It only took about 30 mins to build the box. Im running into a small problem with the pump overheating and shutting down. I think it may be caused by using the 7091 controller. The 7091 only allows me to turn the pump down to 30% power. The Tunze wavebox is using a 6091 controller that allows the pump to completely shut off. So I believe if I replace the controller all will be good! I will take some pics of the box and get them posted ASAP!

Dustin

Mike I am on a 24 hour CQ shift that ends tomorrow at 9am....... I really wanted to make the meeting! Anyways I have exchanged PM's with Dave, but I think he is a pretty busy guy like most of us.

Thanks again!

Dustin

• 3 weeks later...

saw this build on website like you, glad to see it works. wish i had teh ability to mount my wavebox on the end of tank. Cant due to a wall on either side so im making due from the back glass and bouncing it off the front. about 1/2-3/4 wave. Nice job!

Thanks! Total cost depends on how much you can find a Tunze 6100/6200 pump for. You can find them used for around $200+- on RC. You can also build your own controller for $5. I bought a 6091 wavebox controller for $50 on RC. So its really up to how cheap you can find this stuff for. The acyrlic is the cheap part....