Make your own Calcium Reactor?

renman303

This just seems to be one of those over-priced gizmo's that can easily be made. Has anyone done this with any degree of success?

I did find this dual-chambered one on Melvsreef: DIY Calcium Reactor

OR

This really nice one on JJ's Reef Tank: Dual Chamber CR

This particular one is very detailed and laid out nicely with all of the parts listing, and PDF drawings. Looks like the total cost excluding CO2 is $110.

Edited by renman303

• 3 weeks later...

I saw an Aqua C, RX-1 Reactor that is "reasonable" at $429 for up to 400 gallons. Comes with an Eheim 1250 pump as well. Maybe I'll go this way as opposed to a Deltec which is easily $600-$800 for the same size.

Thoughts?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dustin, Robert and Cindy came by my house last night to help me with my reactor and now its up and running. I believe in all the stuff we talked about that he got everything at Lowes. Home Depot doesnt have the big water filter like the one pictured. The rest was bought at Foster N Smith or Marine Depot(milwaukee 122, ph probe holder, CO2 regulator etc). We were gonna build one for me but the deal i ran into i couldnt pass up. Dave can give the details. Thanks again to the MANNINGS. yall are great people.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...