What are you fraggin'/trading' for the MAY meeting?

mcallahan

We're a week and a half away from our May meeting and I want to make sure we have a great turnout for the frag and equipment swap. My thought is for people to start posting what it is that they are bringing/fragging so people can start thinking about what they want to frag/trade.

So post your items so all can see!

(hey mods, can we make this sticky so it stays at the top till after the mtg?)

I'm going to frag some of my African Blue Zoas

and..

- target practice zoas

- violet zoas

- blue with reddish skirts

- green slimer

- green stylo

- blue stylo (currently brown, supposed to be blue)

post-632-1241632971_thumb.jpg

I wanted to get those if I got in on the group order. Very nice!!!! I'll be fragging tonight and will see what I have left after all the sales I posted yesterday. I'll definitely have something...maybe some of the Steve's Hybrid...and I could squeeze one or two AOG polyps out. We'll see...I'll post pictures also.

Dena

Here is a small frag of a blue polyp monti that I'll be bringing. I don't know what it's called, but I ended up winning it on Ebay with the rest of my stuff and realized I have a BIG piece of this growing...it's more of an encrusting thing on my rock...not sure if this will do the same or not.

post-429-1241659340.jpg

Will also have a couple heads of this Hybrid:

post-429-1241659820_thumb.jpg

At least one frag of AOG with a large polyp and baby...no pic...it's closed up right now. Colony is to the right in the picture below.

Fragging this that hasn't sold...maybe better luck with a trade :)

post-429-1241659902.jpg

This is it so far...anyone else??

Dena

Edited by Dena

I'll be fragging:

Tri-Color Acropora (close up of mother colony)

gallery_251_99_646453.jpg

Tri-Color Valida

gallery_251_99_21026.jpg

Crayola Acropora

gallery_251_99_636999.jpg

Purple with Blue Polyps Montipora I have this growing on my over flow with the help of a magnet.

gallery_251_99_337827.jpg

Green Pocillapora

Green Candy Cane

Green Polyps

gallery_251_99_122058.jpg

Dave

I'll be for sure will be fragging:

Tri-Color Acropora

Tri-Color Valida

Crayola Acropora

Purple with Blue Polyps Montipora

Green Pocillapora

Green Candy Cane

Green Polyps

Will post pictures later.

Dave

What does Crayola Acropora look like?

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!! MORE GREEN!!!

no more green in my tank...!

(it is a good looking piece tho, I'm just "greened" out)

You might consider "red planet", "pink lemonade", "hawkin's echinata" or "miyagi tort". Ooohhh, I forgot bright pink stylophora---ONLY when your actinics are ON you'll see the tops fluoresce a neon blue. Pretty weird but pretty.

You might consider "red planet", "pink lemonade", "hawkin's echinata" or "miyagi tort". Ooohhh, I forgot bright pink stylophora---ONLY when your actinics are ON you'll see the tops fluoresce a neon blue. Pretty weird but pretty.

So you are bringing some of these that we can trade...?!

So you are bringing some of these that we can trade...?!

I'm not quite sure if we are coming...... but even if we were, my frags that I mentioned are not large enough to frag yet. They're growing but not fast enough.

I've also got a large bengai cardinal that I will sell for $15, or trade for something snazzy. He's healthy, but my purple tang bullies him so he just sits in the corner.

I've got video of him if you are interested...

I'm going to bring some free stuff. I've got a couple pieces of GSP. I've also got some acros that are tiny...like where one of my frags started encrusting the plug, but I knocked it off. Well I kept the plug and it's still growing. Or small pieces I mounted on a piece of rock because I want to try to save everything LOL...and they started growing...like 1/4" or so. I don't know what they are and the colors are off, but I just don't want them anymore. I was thinking if someone buys something from me I will give them first dibs at the free stuff...next would be someone who trades with me.

Dena

OK...so how does this work? If I bring frags to trade, how will people know what it looks like exactly? Do I post the photo here or bring a photo? Or do I try to sell it if no one wants a trade or I don't want their trade? If I have dry goods to sell/trade, do I bring that too? What about food or drink? Am I asking too many questions ? ;-)

Laura

OK...so how does this work? If I bring frags to trade, how will people know what it looks like exactly? Do I post the photo here or bring a photo? Or do I try to sell it if no one wants a trade or I don't want their trade? If I have dry goods to sell/trade, do I bring that too? What about food or drink? Am I asking too many questions ? ;-)

Laura

Oh...a free-standing MH or actinic light that we could hold the frags under to see how they light up would be a cool thing for seeing what the frags really will look like. :)

Laura

1. I'd suggest posting a photo and bringing a printout of what it looks like.

2. A trade is a 2 sided process..if you don't want it, say no and counter offer!

3. You can sell/trade equipment too.

4. I'll have water and some soda. One member mentioned he'd bring cookies. If you want to bring something simple, that's fine.

5. Too many ?s...you work @ a LFS...how many times a day do you get asked too many ?s...?

Ok correction, my stylo is turning green, so I'll have:

- green stylo (recovering from being brown)

- teal palys...big and whispy skirts

- violet zoas

- 1 3 polyp frag of african blues

- 1 frag of target practice

- 1 2 polyp frag of orange mouth/green/blue speckled skirt zoa

- 2 heads of frogspawn

- lots of green slimer...call your cut!

- 1 gigantic purple mushroom...will take something for me to cut it so the trade/cash better be sweet!

- 1 bangai cardinal (Dena has called dibs if I can catch him)

Also have:

- 4 48" T8 ballast, endcaps and housings for bulbs (not really reflectors as they aren't shinny, just white) $30 or trade

- 2 float sensors for JBJ ATO. The ATO brain got fried, the sensors work fine $5 each

Bring on the goods...lets have a great meeting! REMEMBER YOUR SITTIN' CHAIRS!

5. Too many ?s...you work @ a LFS...how many times a day do you get asked too many ?s...?

like they say, there is no such thing as a foolish question!! it's the answers we gotta worry about...

I have just never been at a frag swap/meet...