Normal clownfish behavior?

bgautrea

Not sure if I'm in the right forum but anyone have thoughts about how these clownfish swim... normal, abnormal, anything? They've had this behavior for the 4 months they've been in the 180. They went through QT with prazi, furan, metro and kana but did the same thing in QT. They otherwise look healthy. Is this just a case of "clowns being clowns" or is there something else I should look into? Seems like they are fighting the current but there are other fish, smaller even (cardinals and Rainford's Goby), that seem to manage just fine in the tank's current. They've rarely been near the bottom of the tank.

Maybe they are just hosting that top corner for now. They never swim past the left 1/3 of the tank and never lower than the top 1/3 or so.

IMG_20200711_121126.jpg

You're right, they've just decided to host in the spot.  If it were my tank I would slow down the current in that area so they're not always fighting the current.   Trying to get them to host a different location probably isn't going to happen.   But if you want to try what I would do is use some kind of hanger to hang a small euphilia colony and hope they start hosting it then slowly move it to a more favorable location.

Thanks @Timfish. That's a great idea to try to hang something over there to try to get them into it.

They picked probably the worst spot in the tank, in terms of reflection of light from outside windows, to call home. The tank is in my office and while I'm sitting at my desk, all i see over in that area is the flag flying outside or the tree in my front yard. GAHHH!

IMG_20200713_084704.jpg

• Haha 1

A little over a week ago I wrapped up the QT of a pair of Threadfin Cardinals, Lawnmower Blenny, and the Rainford's Goby and got them in the DT... I was sure hopeful that the clowns would see more fish swimming and be enticed to explore the tank a little more. But it didn't happen.

So yea, for whatever reason they picked that spot, they don't seem to be going anywhere.