HarleyGuy

Johns 135 Cube build

Here is the cabinet that I built to house the Apex and all the electronics. 

cabinet1.jpg

cabinet2.jpg

cabinet3.jpg

cabinet4.jpg

• Like 2

Here is the lighting fixture that I built to house the ATI - 8 bulb T5 fixture, the 2 x A360 Kessils, and the Neptune Lunar Lights. I will stain this fixture to match my Kitchen cabinets in the near future. 

light1.jpg

light2.jpg

light3.jpg

• Like 4

I love that beer wall! And the tank looks great too...

Thanks Bobcat. I added sand yesterday and I’ll have water in it in the next couple days. I’ll send a pic or two of the sand. I used the Caribsea Aragonite.

That aquascape is gonna look amazing with corals. Reallly well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks! Much appreciated! I put a lot of time/work into building that with all the fitting and adding a bunch of fiberglass rods to make it all fit together like a puzzle and be secure. It is hard to see, but there are a ton of arches and caves so the fish should love it! Thanks again!

I finally hung my custom built light fixture. Thanks to Marvin for the help hanging it, it turned out perfect. Like the Electronics cabinet, this lighting fixture was built in my garage. 🙂  It was designed to provide a slim profile and still house my 8 bulb ATi T5 fixture, 2 x Kessil A360WE's , and the Kessil lunar lights. It isn't stained yet, that will happen last when I build the side skins and then stain everything to match my kitchen cabinets. It looks pretty good without stain though. You may also note that I added a plex cover under the ATI T5's so that they don't get hit with salt splash. It wont affect the cooling as the T5 just sets on top of this plexiglass panel. I also mounted everything flush with the bottom to give it a more professional look. The pics look bluer than they are in real life. My Iphone doesn't take good pics of the T5's.

Let me know what you think.

lite.jpg

lite2.jpg

lite4.jpg

lite5.jpg

• Like 3

Thanks guys! This was a TON of work and time. I still need to do some wiring cleanup and finalization and move the CO2 tank and Trident waste container. I'll take some close up pics of the coral frags and fish as well and add them. The tank is stable but still young, so I don't have the color on the SPS yet that Id like. I've also had a few HW issues that I needed to fix that I will discuss later in this thread. Im going to want some more SPS frags as well :-). I need to make a trip over to Ty's house. :-) 

Edited by HarleyGuy

2 hours ago, HarleyGuy said:

Thanks guys! This was a TON of work and time. I still need to do some wiring cleanup and finalization and move the CO2 tank and Trident waste container. I'll take some close up pics of the coral frags and fish as well and add them. The tank is stable but still young, so I don't have the color on the SPS yet that Id like. I've also had a few HW issues that I needed to fix that I will discuss later in this thread. Im going to want some more SPS frags as well :-). I need to make a trip over to Ty's house. :-) 

Jolt has a good sale going on. might hit him up as well. 

• Like 1