Red Gorgonian not opening

Dogfish

I had a credit with Aquarium Depot and got Gorgonians, a yellow and a red. After 3 days the red is not opening its polyps. Its right next to the yellow now, which is open a lot. I did move it after day 2 just in case it was in a bad spot. I feed this tank 2x a day. It has my other NPS . I feed frozen rotifers, cyclops, reef roids, oysterfeast and phytofeast along with some bigger stuff for the sun corals and rock nems. It does not really seem to have any waxy coating on it that it needs to shed. Any ideas or how long it can go with out some sort of food or  what else i can do?  I asume its an NPS type as stated by AQ.

New Issue in over fed tank. Even though its plumbed to the 600 I am getting some while film growing under rock edges. Its about 1/4 inch long . Likes the dark I guess.  I think it could be bacteria. Any idea besides feeding less what might help curtail it?

TRy wiping it off.  If it's a bacterial film it will wipe off and you might just siphon the rest off.  If not it's probably some type of sponge or fungi.  It may be beneficial, especially of it's some type of sponge and is feeding off an increase in labile DOC.  What I would be looking out for is any increase in nuisance alga and removing it.

Thanks

There is an increase in nuisance algae. I have rock attached ulva which is new to my tank and some bryopsis.  Since the tank has only snails They wont eat the stuff. In the big tank the critters and fish make sure its cleaned up. I am not sure what to do in this tank. I never had hermits, just to eat algae. I dont know if they eat the stuff or not.  I dont think there is enough to support a tux urchin.  Maybe I will ask at the dome tomorrow, unless someone has suggestions.