Yeah the thought crossed my mind, but I would definitely need to exhaust outside where I can dump the heat and it won't just build up somewhere else in the house. Either a portable and vent it up through the attic and through the roof, or a mini split wall mount with a precipitate pump to pump water up and through the attic to an exterior wall.

No exterior wall. The closest exterior wall is either the wall of the front porch (no), the garage door (big ol LOLZ), or the other side of the garage where the existing AC compressor is. The other side of the garage makes the most sense. It's on the side of the house, and I just need a line that can reach.... roughly 15'?

Efficiency is gonna be junk and not operate well with a PAC. They just die mysterious deaths. 

Does the minisplit still produce condensate inside that you'll have to get rid of? If you mount the air handler high, you might be able to gravity flow it outside. 

49 minutes ago, victoly said:

Efficiency is gonna be junk and not operate well with a PAC. They just die mysterious deaths. 

Does the minisplit still produce condensate inside that you'll have to get rid of? If you mount the air handler high, you might be able to gravity flow it outside. 

Oh yes, that's why I said I would need a condensate pump. They sell them for roughly $100 and they just pump the condensate out of the collection pan and through a hose to the outside. I have 1/4" tubing running through the wall right now and the RO waste line runs through the wall and out the garage door where it drains into the yard. I suppose the easiest solution is to open up the wall and feed the condensate line with the RO waste water line and have two 1/4" lines draining freshwater into the yard. That or just settle for the pump and just dump it on the side of the house.

I shut down the old tank today, dipped all the corals in Amoxicillin, then iodine, then witch hazel to eliminate any potential bacterial pathogens that could have been causing my coral issues.
0e967656a08d432f9724a98414dba53f.jpg

After dipping the corals, I threw all the rock into muriatic acid baths and then hit them with a power washer. It’s pretty crazy how a little acid and a power washer can make rock look brand new!
ca6b19e6c1a2f99f0dca394f437bb36b.jpg
872bd5d35857ac07af944ee1171b2a57.jpg

Then I rinsed all the sand until the water was running clear and spread it out the dry. Later I’ll sift through and pick out all the shells and dead branches.
17cd054caa0f2d711ef56c313e2a8076.jpg

I’m going to let the rock sit in fresh water for a little while and then throw them in the new display. All the fish are now in the frag tanks now, hopefully they can be patient until the DT is ready.

• Like 1

So you’re going to reuse all of the old stuff? Wouldn’t you have a cycle? I thought you already plumbed in your Frag tanks and stuff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes I intend to reuse most of the old rock. The older rock was riddled with GHA, probably laden with nutrients that would leach out, and could possibly be harboring pathogenic microbes that have caused me so many headaches the past year. I thought it best to cook it all and start anew.

The frag tanks had a decent amount of cycled rock that’s about 1.5 years old. The frag tank is now seeding the main DT rock. I have some new dry rock from BRS and the old rock from the original DT will fill in the remaining aquascape for the new tank once it’s ready to go in.

12,000 BTU mini split system has been ordered and is on its way. This thing is much more powerful than the space requires, but considering I don't know how hot this room will get in the summer being in the garage, I think it's better to be conservative in my estimates and over prepare. It just means the unit won't have to run as much as a 9,000 BTU system, but if the 9,000 BTU system couldn't keep up with demands, that would have been a very expensive regret.

image.png

• Like 3